Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Dirt Demon / Thunder quake comparison

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Dirt Demon / Thunder quake comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 04:16 AM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dirt Demon / Thunder quake comparison

Hi, for those of you that are interested in and/or have questions about the new Dirt Demon from Hot Bodies, we have some comparison info on it. http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...ID=838&start=1 If anyone has any tech questions we should be able to help.
Old 09-02-2003, 11:02 PM
TCMan86
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow thank you man. Its nice to see some people taking iniciative and helping us with questions many manufacturers leave unanswred! (spelling?)
Old 09-04-2003, 08:24 PM
The Boss

Default info

No problem. Here are some pics with how a DD looks as a 8scale racer. http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...ic&topicID=851

Heres the (N/E TIPS) section on how to do it. http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...ID=839&start=1
Old 09-05-2003, 12:24 AM
sk8kdi33

wow you are the firt person I have heard say good things about a dirtdemon besides its big every one elese is havin a lot of problems but I here HB is replacing all the borken parts free kinda like duratrax
Old 09-05-2003, 06:24 AM
The Boss

Hi sk8kdi33, there are guys other than me saying good things about this kit. I think I don't have as many problems with any kits I buy/have because I don't run them till I go though ALL kits and (Reajust, Test, Retighten) and grease/oil all the moving parts BEFORE I run them because anyone that has been in this hobby long enough knows this is what RTR means lol. Parts can break on ALL kits and ALL kits can have problems. Sometimes things need to be sorted out with ALL new products, its part of the hobby. As long as Hot Bodies stays on top of any quirks the DD will be a great kit.

I am a big fan of pan chassis off road kits (they are superior to ALL other chassis designs on the race track) and I feel the Dirt Demon at this point is one of the most advanced/updated 8scale (pan chassis) trucks made to date by any model company. The DD even has the potential to be a hard core 8scale race truck.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:58 AM
sk8kdi33

I don't klnow I will probably buy next yers model when they worked out the probs that every new car has
Old 09-05-2003, 12:01 PM
popa71

Better get one now I dont think there will be a next year!!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 12:02 PM
sk8kdi33

why?
Old 09-05-2003, 12:13 PM
popa71

Sales are not that great on the truck. With the current list of problems and the huge list it began with,it will be hard to win back the trust of The RC enthusiast !!!! In my opinion its a dead stick!!!! Yesterday my hobby shop told me they would no longer be selling them due to an overwhelming return for broken trucks, Crispy Critters stoped selling them 3 months ago for the same reason.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:06 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by popa71
Sales are not that great on the truck. With the current list of problems and the huge list it began with,it will be hard to win back the trust of The RC enthusiast !!!! In my opinion its a dead stick!!!! Yesterday my hobby shop told me they would no longer be selling them due to an overwhelming return for broken trucks, Crispy Critters stoped selling them 3 months ago for the same reason.
dont listen to this guy, hes been dissing it nonstop even while ppl prove him wrong. Gator is proof enough, popa jus doesnt know how to go through the normal inspections of a rtr.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:19 PM
popa71

Without any insults because we dont want the post to get closed, Who has proven me wrong. This is my opinion. I have listened to you dis the Savage in at least 20 post , but I have never posted after you trying to discredit your opinion. The Demon too me is not a good truck. To you it is, but what I speak is fact , I owned it and it was not a solid vehicle too me. If I decide to share this with others thats what the forums are for,. If you feel diferent post why you think its a good truck but dont tell anybody what you think you know about me or my RC experience. Crispy Critters and Hobby Hut both have web sites . Post about the Dirt Demon and see what kind of responce you get. These are experts that have all of our trucks there is no need for them to me biased. Remember when you respond lets keep it clean and fun No post closing today!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 06:48 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Originally posted by popa71
Without any insults because we dont want the post to get closed, Who has proven me wrong. This is my opinion. I have listened to you dis the Savage in at least 20 post , but I have never posted after you trying to discredit your opinion. The Demon too me is not a good truck. To you it is, but what I speak is fact , I owned it and it was not a solid vehicle too me. If I decide to share this with others thats what the forums are for,. If you feel diferent post why you think its a good truck but dont tell anybody what you think you know about me or my RC experience. Crispy Critters and Hobby Hut both have web sites . Post about the Dirt Demon and see what kind of responce you get. These are experts that have all of our trucks there is no need for them to me biased. Remember when you respond lets keep it clean and fun No post closing today!!!!!!!!!!
simple as buisnesses will talk up what sells the most so they can sell even more. DD wasnt widely accepted because HB isnt a very popular brand opposed to HPI's brand. Jus like teens in high school want the most popular clothes or a civic, becaues it is what everybody has so it is "cool." your opinion was biased even before you broke in the truck. You were expecting a POS. Take pysch class, its kind of like horoscopes or descriptions, if you opinions you only read what you want to read, not what is the truth. You will pick out all the good but leave the bad out and ignore it. Psych class man.... Psych class....
Old 09-06-2003, 06:37 PM
popa71

That doesnt make much since, why would someone want some thing to suck that they really want. I was already impressed about the look of Dirt Demon, I had great expectations Then I made the mistake of starting the God aweful thing!!!!!