Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

uhhh.........HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 07:52 PM
fourwheeler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uhhh.........HELP?

Ok I was trying to install the new spur gear on savage # 2. I ran into a little problem. When I try to tighten the nut that holds the spur gear on there is no resistance on the tranny input shaft so the nut turns the shaft and does not tighten once the nut makes contact with the spring. Am I missing something or is the tranny supposed to turn this way? And if so how can I hold the shaft to tighten the spur gear? Thanks for your help.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:57 PM
SavageRCRacer
My Feedback: (2)

Default hELP

The metal plate that is in front of the spur will not spin. When you try to tighten it hold the metal plate with your finger.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:38 AM
fourwheeler

Thanks for the reply Fordplay. I have big fingers and couldn't get a hold of the plate you are talking about but I did figure out a way to do it. If you put your hand through the roll bar and grab the spur gear and pull it towards the front of the truck it will lock to the slipper clutch allowing you to tighten down the nut. Thanks again.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:37 PM
fourwheeler

Ok now another problem, I can tighten the nut but it backs off and loosens the spur gear. Do I need another lock nut?