Savage SS - I WANT ONE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Aterlatus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage SS - I WANT ONE!

Dammit,

Sorry peeps, but I just need to vent.

Why do we always get things a million and one years after the rest of the world here in the UK?

Anyone know someone online that's got a Savage SS in stock at a decent price, that'll ship to the UK for a similarly decent price? :P

The earliest I've found someone saying they'll have one over here is http://www.modelsportuk.com/ (16th September) but I'm not sure I should hand my money over to someone online that says they'll have it two weeks before everyone else

Anyone else in a similar predicament, or at least, can anyone offer a reasonable suggestion for why these things take so long?
Old 09-11-2003, 05:26 PM
RCFreakInFL
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Savage SS - I WANT ONE!

As far as I know, the Savage SS is available in Europe, w/o engine or radio....why not just get one on that side of the planet?
Old 09-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Aterlatus

Nope - the savage ss just plain isn't available here yet.

I'm not sure if it has been, and Mirage (HPI distributor in the UK) sold out, as did all the LHS's (although somehow I doubt this is the case) or if this lot on their way over now are the first batch. All I know is I want one

The site mentioned above has a nice looking package - £469 for a Savage SS, reverse module, radio, fuel, glow starter and all the servos. All I'd need on top of that is a rotostart

I just hate waiting. How the hell I last in this hobby with a complete lack of patience is beyond me

BTW - I know that sounds expensive - that's because it is. Don't you just love England?
Old 09-12-2003, 10:40 PM
frambo

The UK is rough on prices. Must be something to do with the big pond between us? Does [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFCB0&P=7]Tower [/link] ship to the UK?
Old 09-13-2003, 08:09 AM
GALAXY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man,...I know how ya feel,I been wanting one for awhile now and Tower actually doesn't have any in stock as far as I can see but I bet they ship to the UK.I called around to a few hobby shops and I only found one about 100 miles away,and they only had one.I got the guy to hold it for me after callin for 2 days and I was gonna go get it this morning(saturday)but I never even thought to ask how much he wanted so I called back...he said $399.So I called once again after thinkin about it and told him I wasn't gonna be able to come get it and thanked him for holding it anyway.The way I see it,with state sales tax,it would've been around $427 plus the gas to drive to get it and I still would've had to wait on Tower for the diff gears and cross pins because they didn't have those.(at least he knew about the diff mod and that he didn't have the parts).Now..if I can hold off till Tower gets them in stock,they're $349...and if you order over $300 from tower they give you $25 off and after the $8 shipping charge, it ends up being $90 less than the Hobby shop.You could look at it like Tower gives you a free reverse module or diff mod parts with that $25 off.While I've been waiting for the Savage I already have the reverse,radio and servos,another body to paint while waiting.I'll probably order the diff mod parts and a failsafe before I actually get the truck.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:48 PM
Aterlatus

Diff mod?

Wassat when it's at home?

Is it something I should be considering when I purchase the SS?

Thanks

And yeah, we get ripped off. Best deal I've found is the SS with radio kit, 1 litre fuel, glow starter and the reverse module for £470. That's around $700 for comparison...
Old 09-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Rex2342

Savage central has one left in stock for 359$Check it out here.......

http://store.savage-central.com/prod...roducts_id=238
Old 09-13-2003, 04:09 PM
Aterlatus

Cool

I'm still holding out on this NSLHS (Not so local ) getting them on Tuesday, since I can prolly drive up and pick one up then - I'm sure I can sweettalk the boss into an afternoon off...

If they don't get them in I might well consider than truck though

Thanks
Old 09-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Aterlatus

Dammit - they have none

Anyone seen them going anywhere else?

My NSLHS has just told me they won't be able to get them in until early August

Help me people! I'm on the verge of buying a TMaxx here!
Old 09-15-2003, 11:22 AM
GALAXY

No !!!! don't get the Maxx......just hold out,its killlin me too but it'll be worth it.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Aterlatus

Buuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttt

I''''''''mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Weeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkk

Eesh, I'm half tempted to send an email over to HPI to let them know what a balls-up they've made. Hell, if I can't get a savage ss within the next week I might not bother at all. Why should I go to so much trouble when they can't be arsed putting out enough cars to satisfy demand? :P
Old 09-15-2003, 07:01 PM
frambo

If anyone just can not wait to get their hands on an SS, my LHS has 4 in stock (as of Saturday). They have already sold a bunch of them. I am not sure if they will ship overseas but I called them and they said they would ship anywhere in USA. It would not hurt to ask Aterlatus! They had them for $369 USD.

R C PERFORMANCE & HOBBIES INC
4702 E BROADWAY
MADISON, WI
Ph: 608 222 8846

They are a fairly new store and they don't have a web site up yet. I have bought a ton of stuff from them so far. They are honest and great to deal with. I drive by two other stores to get to theirs (almost an hour one way for me). But it is worth it.

If anyone buys one from them, tell them the guys at www.beatyourtruck.com turned you on to them.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:02 PM
gregmax

Why not try looking on ebay?
I've bought a Savage SS from an ebay dealer for $339.99 and the shipping to the UK is $65 a total of $404.99, which is roughly £254. This compares to £375 in the UK for the same kit ($600!!).
I also ordered a reverse module from the same guy and that arrived this morning but am still waiting for the Savage kit to arrive!!

Stormer Hobbies in the USA have SS kit's in stock and they ship to the UK as I have used them before.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:22 AM
Aterlatus

I lost my faith in eBay a while back when I was sold a lemon (Alpine CD Shuttle) as working and it had a dud lazer in - would've cost me £90 to get it fixed so wasn't worth the hassle

eBay refused to do anything, as did the guy who sold it to me or the carrier. Damn them all.

I'll go take a look at stormer now, and I might call that RHS (Remote Hobby Shop ) tonight - see if they're up for it

Thanks peeps...
Old 09-16-2003, 03:36 AM
Aterlatus

Hmmmmmm.

Stormer hobbies does seem to have them in stock...

I think I'll give them a few hours and then throw a call their way to see how much shipping is.

I just hope I don't have to wait too long for that either :P

My faith in the system could be restored