Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

time for a new clutch

Old 09-14-2003, 09:00 AM
8000ft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time for a new clutch

the two shoe alum. just isn't doing it with the wasp in my savage. the mugen three shoe seemes to be popular set up. i did a search on this site but i still have one question. does this come with alum. shoes?? if not are they available?? any other sugestions on a different clutch?? i'm looking for launch capibilites near that of the space shuttle.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:29 AM
DFF

Default RE: time for a new clutch

FIORINI, the makers of the famous "sliding clutch"...

None of the clutches that you mentionned is even close to it.

Ask the "truck-pullers" experts, when it comes to pull the heaviest load, their choice goes to the sliding shoes.

I do have the new Fiorini called "turbo slitta" and it's an excellent clutch to say the least.

It's way better than any "rotating shoe" setup because it has FULL shoe contact patch by design.

Rotating shoes can only have their shoe tips pressed against the clutchbell inside drum... BIG difference here.

Also this clutch engage very smoothly and because it has 3 springs well nested inside the shoe, it is absolutely bomb-proof and consistent.

I personaly used both shoes material: rubber and teflon and I like the teflon a bit better, but that's only me...

Link to the flywheel
http://www.gsracing.com/gsracing/pag...ootid=1&id=183

Link to the shoes

http://www.gsracing.com/gsracing/pag...ootid=1&id=185
Only my 0.02 Euro

DFF
Old 09-14-2003, 01:35 PM
8000ft

will this fit right onto a savage with no mods??
Old 09-14-2003, 06:54 PM
DFF

Yes, would only need to elongate a bit the holes in the purple plate under motor mount in order to compensate for the slightly longer clutch setup.

It's a less than 5 minutes dremel job...

DFF
Old 09-16-2003, 05:54 PM
jigsawking

Do you know of anywhere in the uk where I could get that clutch.It looks perfect
Old 09-17-2003, 06:26 AM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mugen 3 shoe is an awsome clutch. The shoes that come with it stock are much better than the aluminum shoes. In my opinion the aluminum shoes are garbage, they need to heat up before they grab properly and need lots of maintenance, not to mention wearing out your clutch bell. I know quite few people here who dumped the aluminum shoes for the stockers or composite shoes.