Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Any suggestions on cleaning down in the cooling head of a Savage?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Any suggestions on cleaning down in the cooling head of a Savage?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 02:57 PM
Ge|atinousFury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any suggestions on cleaning down in the cooling head of a Savage?

I just got done bashing, and there's crud and dust all down in the cooling head where the glow plug is. I'm really afraid to take the glow plug out and clean everything, cuz I know that stuff would get into the engine. On the other hand, I have an air compressor but I'm weary about blowing straight down into the cooling head to blast out the dirt because the air might force some of the particles towards the glow plug and get lodged under it, only to fall into the engine when I go to take the glow plug out.

Any suggestions on getting dirt and crud out of the inside of the cooling head???

Also, if blowing it out with an air compressor is the right thing to do, should I put some WD-40 in there to loosen some of it up, then blow it out, then take out the glow plug? I only ask about WD-40 because that and a compressor are all I have for cleaning right now.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:43 PM
8000ft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any suggestions on cleaning down in the cooling head of a Savage?

yes wd-40 and air will work. i use spray electronics cleaner, i just turn the truck up side down when i'm done running it and spray it down while it's still hot, it boils the dirt right out.