Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

TMaxx 2.5 upgrade / conversion help wanted....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TMaxx 2.5 upgrade / conversion help wanted....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 09:10 AM
studysession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TMaxx 2.5 upgrade / conversion help wanted....

I have 2 TMaxx 2.5's. Once of them I just took apart every piece and rebuilding it from scratch and fixing anything that may be wrong or upgrading week parts for better.

I do not have the money for a new engine. But I am putting on RPM parts instead of factory where I can and so forth. I am also going to clean and regrease diffs and tranny and junk like that.

Where can I get replacement gears for the tranny for the 2.5 TMaxx? Want to change 1st gear for quick acceleration and 2nd for more top end.

Also since I have 2 to play with, where can i get a list or a How To convert it to an EMaxx. I would like to convert 1 of these to an EMaxx. Want to do a brushless setup.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:32 AM
Dlock

Default RE: TMaxx 2.5 upgrade / conversion help wanted....

I don't think you change the internal gears of the tranny. They are pretty much set the way they are. But you can change the clutch bell(the one on the motor). If you go down to a 18 tooth cluth bell you will get better acceleration with less top speed.

As for changing one to an e-maxx, you could probably pick up some used parts on E-bay. Or if you are going to go brushless you should just start getting the best parts for a BL set up. I don't really know too much about BL, so I can't tell you what to buy. Just do some research and I am sure you will be able to find something.

Some stuff I found:
There is always SuperMaxx stuff: http://www.monstermaxx.com/ext_e.shtml
Bomb-Proof Products: http://www.bomb-proofproducts.com/

Good luck.....
Old 09-19-2003, 09:49 AM
studysession

Normally with 2 speed tranny's you can change all the internal pinions and spurs for other gears. But I do not see any available for the TMaxx.

For my TC3 I ordered a 2 spd upgrade and then replaced all the gears for the setup I like.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:05 PM
Dlock

I have never seen different internal gears for the T Maxx. I think the only way to change it is to change the clutch bell....
Old 09-19-2003, 05:21 PM
studysession

I am surprised. On touring cars you can change every gear (pinions/spurs/clutch bells etc) on it. There is not anything you can not change. I just thought MT's were the same way.

On my NTC3 I have 1st gear setup for fastest acceleration i can get and 2nd gear I have it setup for highest top end I can get. Not just one or the other, but both.

I want to do the same for the MAXX.

Today I broke the carb. If you look in the manual at piece #5250, where it plugs into is plastic. It broke off right in my hand. That sucks....