Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Savage X 4.6 Revving Itself

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Savage 46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage X 4.6 Revving Itself

Hi, I need help with my Savage X 4.6 I bought about two weeks ago from my LHS. I haven't been able to run it for a week and a half due to cold Canadian weather... I am very new to the Nitro aspect of RC, having no previous experiences. However, I feel that I have done enough research and knowledge to be able to handle this.... Until I started up my Savage. My Savage runs fine for about 1 minute before taking off, revving to max RPM's without the carburetor doing anything. I even tried running it without the transmitter and receiver. The weather is pretty chilly, getting to about - 10 degrees Celsius during daylight. I have not tried adjusting the low speed needle whatsoever, could I be running too lean? Like I said, the engine is good for about a minute, then heats up really rapidly and RPM's go through the roof! If it's not my LSN, what could it be? Air leak in engine? I just have no clue.
Old 02-20-2014, 04:56 PM
Art91

Will the truck idle fine before it starts to rev ? If not first check you idle screw, turn it counter clockwise a quarter turn see if that helps. If that don't work check and make sure your throttle servo is closing the carb slide all the way. You can check this by taking off your air filter and looking down into the carb, there's suppose to be a very small gap between the slide and the carb. Now if those steps don't work, try richening up you LSN a slight bit, turn it counter clockwise. You probably never touched the carb settings, but either way you could try setting the carb back to factory settings. I highly doubt you have an air leak on brand new truck, but I've heard of it happening before.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:19 PM
jackripped

Starving of fuel causes revs to rev up then drop then rev up etc...An air leak will cause this effect as well as it starves the engine of fuel.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Airbus 9e

My first thought was an air leak....With RTR stuff never assume it's assembled correctly.....Some of their QC departments are pretty weak....