Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Desperately need help deciding what Monster Truck to get Urgently ( newbie here )

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Desperately need help deciding what Monster Truck to get Urgently ( newbie here )

Old 05-31-2014, 12:38 PM
msk2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Desperately need help deciding what Monster Truck to get Urgently ( newbie here )

Hello guys,

I am relatively new to this hobby.

currently i am living in Bangladesh. So no RC Car Hobby Shop here. All my staff I get from abroad when I go out of country for business purpose. I will be visiting Singapore next week, so I am planning to get a Reasonable Monster Truck this time even though everything is very expensive in Singapore. Almost 20% more than regular price. But I have no option. Because if I ship from USA or UK with Shipping Cost the price will be similar.

Anyways I looked through quite a few options and I found these 3 following trucks tempting considering Singapore price.

1. Hpi savage flux xs with 2s lipo battery and charger.( price high because of lipo battery and charger)

2. Traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl RTR (with only single nimh battery and included wall charger) price comes similar to XS with lipo and lipo charger.

3. Traxxas mini E-Revo vxl with 2 nimh batteries and y series connctor.

So what will be best for me according to you experts? I think merv is unnecessarily expensive considering all the diff issues and everything.

I know savant xs also has esc issues but many people say with 2s it is reliable and nowadays its not that bad. Price is almost as much as stampede but getting the Lipo and charger (which I dont have)

And stampede 4x4 vxl looks good but only getting one nimh battery.

So what do you guys suggest. Please help as I will be traveling soon.

and I wont have parts support for any in my country. And I don't abuse my RCs. I drive in parking lot and all and even indoor( have a relatively big house)

Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by msk2008; 05-31-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:01 PM
msk2008

Any suggestions guys? ?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:51 AM
dsp0005

Originally Posted by msk2008
Any suggestions guys? ?
Im not sure if you purchased yet or not-but I bought the Stampede 4x4 and was very happy with it.

Very well built-runs great!

Hope this helps.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:09 AM
siegelreptiles

don't get the savage xs-- just got one and it has broken both first runs and nothing crazy either--- check out an exo-terra rtr brushless--- aside from changing the servo I have done nothing to that car and I Beat on it pretty hard.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:32 PM
JUSTPASSEDU
My Feedback: (20)

Grab the Stampede 4x4 , also it should be easy for you to get more batteries in your country as you can have them shipped from china. Id also grab a few spare parts while your there. There is nothing really out there that is fully unbreakable but id say you have your best shot with the pede. id grab a extra set of arms , some gears pinion & spur , maybe a shock tower or two and drive shaft and hubs and you should be set. Its a really tough truck and can take allot of abuse.