Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Best 1/8 scale MT that will fit single pack brick packs 4-6S ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Best 1/8 scale MT that will fit single pack brick packs 4-6S ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 08:07 PM
joshreynolds777
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 1/8 scale MT that will fit single pack brick packs 4-6S ?

I'll start off by saying, Ive been in the hobby a while. Bought My first RC MT in 1999 it was a T-Maxx. Ive had, e-maxx. LST, Revo, lots of trugies, buggies, 1/10th scale, Stadium trucks, RC 10, Crawlers, Rustlers, grasshoppers, Jatos, Speed- T, Losi 8ight-TE, and E-revo, you name it. . It's been a fun couple decades, but I've taken almost 8 years away from having a big MT, and I'm ready for one again. Here's the thing, I don't want to have to buy new packs really. Ive got $800 worth of good lipos and I'd like to keep it that way. SO I need a Monster truck that'll take my 4S, 5S and 6S brick packs, just like by electric buggies do. I want a basher, not gonna be raced. So far, I thought I had my mind set on an ARRMA KRATON. Im not planning on being too rough on it, and I like everything I've read about the truck, I like the center diff, (although I understand a purist will call it a truggy) It will still wheelie, and haul ass if you need it to depending on set up, I like that. Seem s like there have been some issues, but most cleaned up. But HOLY HELL, WHERE DO YOU FIND THIS THING? EVERYONES OUT OF STOCK> Im considering the Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 or whatever it is because I can t find the dang KRATON. SO again, any ones you guys want to send my way as suggestions, feel free. And again, Im kinda past getting another TRAXXAS model, because none of my packs will work. but trust me, I like traxxas, I knew in 1999 they would do well, never thought this well. Also, Im not beyond just setting up a battery tray on an unassuming model somewhere people don't usually strap batteries. I don't care about having two low slung batteries on the sides to even out weight in a monster truck. Two batteries seems really dumb, If I want low slung, and superb weigh distribution , I;ll run my buggies.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:30 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm one of those guys that will call the Kraton, the MT4 G3 a truggy with big tires because that really is what they are. But semantics aside, truggies and LST electric conversions are the only thing out there using brick packs. Every other MT is using two packs.

The Kraton does seem solid except for the wing mount and knuckle bearings. The early esc issues were fixed and warranteed for those that did have problems. From what I've read the MT4 G3 is a 4s rig, more power seems to create diff issues. If you're hard enough on it you'll also apparently bend the shock towers and the chassis if you don't add braces and double up the shock towers. The MT4 G3 seemed like a very attractive package until I started reading about those things. If you want a truggy with big tires personally I'd consider something else.

If you want a real monster truck, a big bad truck that takes brick packs consider doing an electric conversion on a LST. The conversion is easy enough but you do need to do some research and planning which I can definitely help you with if needed.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:48 AM
joshreynolds777
My Feedback: (1)

I might Just take you up on that MAJ Thanks so much for your respnse. An LST would be great. I love my Nitro Version !!!!
Old 06-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Rhenley

CEN Colossus.