Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

New to rc and need recommendations please

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

New to rc and need recommendations please

Old 01-12-2016, 09:31 AM
Rooles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem! You should check out the aarma forum. My username is the same.
http://arrmaforum.com/
Old 01-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Rummy12

Rooles...I got the truck today!! I charged the battery and did everything I was supposed to as far as I know. The truck is crazy fast but I think there might be a problem. Quite often when I hit the gas it makes a scratching/crunching noise and doesn't take off right away. But sometimes it does take off right away. Is this normal? I have the bls brushless
Old 01-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Rooles

That's common for sensor less motors. It's called cogging. I find with my lipo battery it coggs less. I'm super glad you liked it. I'm waiting on a servo for mine. I shredded a small plastic gear in it running lipo lol.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:51 PM
Rummy12

Lol I'm sure I'll be in for more surprises. Thanks for the info. I have no idea what I'm doing so I don't know what's normal and what's not. Is it also normal for it to for it to have a pretty big delay when you're running the truck in forward and then you stop it and it takes several seconds to get it to go in reverse? I feel like as soon as the truck stops you should be able to reverse it but this one takes several tries of hitting the trigger in reverse before it moves
Old 01-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Rooles

Yea thats normal, and annoying. But you get used to it
Old 01-16-2016, 12:21 PM
Rummy12

On my lipo battery it has the normal connection like the nimh battery but it also has a little white connection. I don't see anywhere on the truck to plug that connection in. Is that for something else or do I need to connect that somewhere to use the lipo?
Old 01-16-2016, 12:30 PM
Rooles

The white tab is used for charging the battery. It keeps the lipo happy. You don't need it to run. Make sure you change the settings on your esc to lipo when you use your lipo battery. It tells you in the manual how to change it. Then remember to change it back when you go back to nimh
Old 01-16-2016, 12:49 PM
Rummy12

Alright thanks again. I really appreciate the help!
Old 01-16-2016, 02:04 PM
Rooles

No problem. Visit us at the main arrma forum!