Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Traxxas 2WD Stampede vs 2WD Rustler, what truck would YOU rather bash? >

Traxxas 2WD Stampede vs 2WD Rustler, what truck would YOU rather bash?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Traxxas 2WD Stampede vs 2WD Rustler, what truck would YOU rather bash?

Old 01-28-2016, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas 2WD Stampede vs 2WD Rustler, what truck would YOU rather bash?

Hey folks,

For those who read my previous thread I was originally looking to get into rc trucks with my kids with 1/18 scale. But the reality of thick grass and burnt little motors brought me to the realization that i need to go big or go home. I am definitely going with Traxxas so thats decided. Now my son and I both love Monster trucks so of course I first consider the Pede, maybe even the Skully or Craniak since they look so cool. But the traditionalist in me has an issue with a monster truck that's not 4WD. It just doesn't.... seem right. Like a Mustang with a V6. OK no Ford bashing please. I stretched to get up to $200.00 mark so going $300+ for the 4WD Pede is not happening. (Note... I am not getting another brand 4WD at lesser cost. I have my heart set on Traxxas for a number of reasons we don't need to debate about) So since I am going up to 2 bills I am considering the Rustler now too. That thing just seems like such a cool basher. Then I have seen some really good reviews of just how nice the Pede is box stock 2WD for beginners and how it really does bash like a beast. So I guess it really just boils down to personal preference. I feel one isn't better than the other in general and it just depends on the individual really. So now I am curious just to see what others like about these 2 trucks. So this is more for just entertaining and informative discussion rather than what one is better than the other.

So I ask, what truck would YOU rather bash out in the yard, or at work or jump over your neighbors VW Passat, the Rustler or Stampede?

Thanks for looking!
Jimmy
Old 01-29-2016, 06:38 PM

ah... crickets...
Old 01-29-2016, 08:27 PM

I got both and over the years nothing I have is stock on them.

A totally stock set up on the other hand ide go pede.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:56 PM

Now it doesn't matter. Found a debit card from an old employer with rewards $ on it. Was so stoked. Now the kids and I are the proud owners of a 1/10 4WD Stampede! YEEHAW!

Only question left... so what do you do with the antenna? I already lost the little blue straw type cover but I dont see folks trucks with the 2.4 systems with an antenna sticking out of the body. Do I just tuck it underneath somewhere?

I posted this in my other thread too. I am just so stoked to have this little beast.

Regards,
Jimmy
Old 01-30-2016, 07:46 PM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I like how you go from asking about two 2wd RCs and jump straight into a 4wd Stampede. That's awesome! I don't think you could have gone wrong with either of the two platforms that you were looking at. It's all what you were planning to do with your new ride's CG, and since you posted in the monster truck side of the forums...I think you made the right choice.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:14 PM

Hey Thx RustyUs. Yeah when I called that cards number in to get balance I about crapped. I told my wife and she said "there ya go!" Barely waited 24 hours. Just had another late night bash session and beat the crap out of it. What a beast. At first I noticed I couldn't drift it as much on pavement but then realized just how awesome 4WD is. Curbs mean nothing. The neighbors lawn is tore up with big dirt hills due to water main break just before winter. Oh my gosh that was fun! And first back flip is in the books. Too bad it wasn't on purpose. LOL. Too bad no one was watching. I just wanted to try a quick standing jump up the curb and up & over it went. This is so much fun its almost wrong! Yeah so glad I got 4WD. Deep grass means nothing. Can't wait to run this thing in the day light! hehe
Old 01-31-2016, 07:55 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
... Just had another late night bash session and beat the crap out of it. What a beast. At first I noticed I couldn't drift it as much on pavement but then realized just how awesome 4WD is. Curbs mean nothing. The neighbors lawn is tore up with big dirt hills due to water main break just before winter. Oh my gosh that was fun!
4wd and long suspension travel is my relatively new found joy in RC. Watching a RC vehicle at moderate speeds; soak up bumps, and throw dirt roosts into the air is "where it's at" (for me anyway). The added maintenance involved with the extra driveline is worth it. More than likely, all of my new RCs that I plan to purchase will be 4wd.