Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Ofna Titan parts ?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ofna Titan parts ?

anyone here know where I might find a cva dogbone for a twin Titan,alas mine has been down for several months and I'm starting to doubt it will ever run again ,oh well
Old 09-19-2016, 03:45 PM

Here, maybe: http://www.ofna.com/TITONoptions.php

And here: http://www.ofna.com/parts.php

Or here: http://www.nitrohouse.com/search.asp...+titan&search=

Last edited by OrcaBoat3; 09-19-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 06:26 PM

Do you have the part number? Sorry but I'm not going to try and find a manual online to look it up for you. Search google for the part number.

I did did have a quick look around on Nitrohouse, looks like the Titan is 9.5 based and shares the same front arms. I searched 9.5 on Nitrohouse and came up with these
http://www.nitrohouse.com/Universal-...or_p_7909.html

MIf you have a welder you can cut the A cvd/cva in half and sleeve it to lengthen or shorten it. Or you can take some pics of the the good CVA with a ruler next to the stub axle and dog bone side to show its dimensions. I have a few old Ofna shafts laying around maybe you'll get lucky. In fact I used to have a set of aluminum rear knuckles for a Titan, not sure if I still have them or not.

Last edited by Mechanicaloverlord; 09-19-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:30 PM

Thank you very much for your reply I'm sorry I've been busy with some bathroom remodeling ,to be clear I had retrofitted the Titan super twin suspension onto my Titan delux , giving it a wider track than a normal Titan, after breaking a cva pin down could not find a replacement, however I did save all of my parts from the normal width stock suspension, and so I have returned it to as such , I do appreciate your efforts, this truck is very sentimental to me and I will continue to search for a replacement cva for the wide track suspension kit , and yes I have cut two shafts and brazed them together to make a replacement driveshaft on an extended wheelbase t maxx .21 conversion many years ago ,anyone remember the ( new era ) .21 t maxx conversion kit . Oh well , now to figure out to mount one of those losi small block gas engines onto my Titan that would be very interesting and unique, I wonder if the rpm for the power band is the same as a nitro engine that would solve gearing problems . But I also need that other thing.....
Old 09-29-2016, 09:07 PM

Small block engine on a chassis intended for a big block, definitely interesting. Unlimited Engineering had a mount just for that purpose. Might be a little hard to find but it should allow it all to just bolt together.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:43 PM

I believe the .31 gasoline engine that comes stock with the losi xxl is a big block , also I think crankcase is the same size as a .21 nitro engine , so I believe it should bolt into place without to many fitment issues , but what I'm unsure of is the rpm range that this engine produces peak hp at. And I would also need the electronic spark system .
Old 10-01-2016, 02:21 PM

The dynamite .31 block has the same dimensions as a normal big block. Losi did not change the engine mounts for the .31 engine but I believe they moved the mounting hole location in the chassis. The flywheel looks a little longer (for the ignition crank trigger) on the Dynamite engine compared to previous LST flywheels and it would be cheaper for them to just move the mounting holes on the chassis than make new engine mounts. I'm not 100% the .31 is longer, just going by memory and pictures of the .31 but it's a potential issue in my mind.

I'm not sure what the power curve looks like but I do know the max rpm is 30k. That's straight from a Losi rep, and it doesn't spin faster because of where it makes power. I can also tell you some of the ratios used with this engine if you want to do some math, 3.31:1 diffs and 2.09:1 trans ratio. You'll have to lookup the spur and clutchbell sizes to figure out those reduction ratios. One last thing, get the tuned pipe with the engine. The baffling inside is different than the nitro versions to get the correct fuel pressure so using a nitro pipe would likely cause tuning issues.