Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Help with identifying possible monster truck? >

Help with identifying possible monster truck?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help with identifying possible monster truck?

Old 09-12-2016, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with identifying possible monster truck?

Ive got a rolling chassis of whay appears to be a older nitro truck that im trying to figure out what it is so I know if I can get replacement parts. Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction!

Old 09-13-2016, 10:51 AM

Duratrax Raze 1/8. Hard to tell if the arms are shorter buggy length of the longer versions of the Raze ST. Definitely has the ST shock towers and body mounts. Btw this is an early version, later versions didn't have the blue anodized center spine extending front to back. Instead they used plastic chassis braces like other 1/8 buggy/truggy do.

If you ask me that's a parts vehicle. There's lots missing and who knows how good the stuff is that's there. Completely disassemble the vehicle to the last screw and check everything. Make a list of what it needs and will cost for everything before you buy any parts for this.

Last edited by Mechanicaloverlord; 09-13-2016 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:05 PM

+1 on that being a donor. If you were missing something easy like servos or a receiver then i would say go for it but there is nothing there aside from a chassis and gear boxes, a nitro motor alone can be in the $100-$200 range. Once its all said and done you will be into it $500 with no guarantee that everything else is gunna work. Sell it on fleabay, i'm sure some one will make use of it!