Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Newb...don't know what to get

Old 07-13-2017, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb...don't know what to get

Hey guys! I'm new and didn't see an introduction sub forum but nonetheless here I am. I have a neighbor that has a traxxas stampede xl5 and he brought the kid back out of me with it! I've played with cheapo nano drones and rc wal Mart cars for all my life but never got anything as serious as the stampede and I don't even know where to begin. I'd like battery I think and I'd like to play for 45-60 minutes at a time. Not nevessarily between charges but rather total. What truck should I buy? What batteries do I look at? I don't mind upgrading a little over time but would be cool to have a ready to go little truck for asphalt, and grass. Cost is a factor of course but I want something durable and faster. Seems at 200$ the stampede is hard to beat?
Old 07-14-2017, 02:59 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

2wd, brushed, and upgrades out the kazoo...I think the Stampede is a great place to start. You'll want a better charger after using what is included with the Stampede. Look at the $59~$79 range for a good single port charger with at least 80watts of power. In my opinion, one of the best deals right now is the Hitec X1 Pro/ePowerbox 17 Combo, but there are many chargers to get the job done under eighty dollars. The only thing with the charger that I linked is it will require a battery connector of your choice, and battery alarm audio leve is low. Also note when looking at chargers, charging leads for Traxxas connectors are not normally included (unless buying Traxxas charger), so adapter or soldering will need to be bought/done.

If thinking about choosing to use LiPo batteries, then read up on the proper charging and usage of them.
One of the best places, IMO, that will inform a person to the use of LiPo batteries....http://www.rogershobbycenter.com/lipoguide/
http://www.mrpositive.co.nz/understa...ipo-batteries/
RC Resources for the beginner [Read this first]
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html

Last edited by RustyUs; 07-14-2017 at 03:17 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:20 AM

Default Can't thank you enough...

for the reply! It seems a bit odd that out of the blue, the rc that has me interested is the rc that everyone agrees is a great starter. It just seems like it's really cool and I'm not so big on upgrades although when I first began playing with AR-15's I soon caught the black rifle disease everyone warned me about. Is the vxl a much better option than the vx5?
Old 07-14-2017, 02:22 PM

Default Pretty slow forum?

Seems there's not much traffic on this forum. Is there a better one for a new guy?
Old 07-15-2017, 04:23 AM

Default Ooooohhhhh k!

Maybe this isn't a good place for me but thanks again
Old 11-21-2017, 08:14 AM

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Talking Okay or OK? Stop moaning.

Is this slow enough?

Decline in forums is the norm.
Just be glad you have somewhere to go to ask questions.
You all got it good these days.