Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Hpi savage 25, first nitro,

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 11:37 AM
ArcticSnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi savage 25, first nitro,

Just picked up a savage 25 from a yard sale for 25 bucks, I'm in it a receiver, my radio for the electrics does multi model, glow plug igniter, fuel, and the bit to stick in your drill. I've googled, youtubed, everything, and I cant make it run worth a Damn. It won't even run with the carb at base settings. Its my first nitro, but I have a decent understanding of engines, and I'm confused. Any help?
Old 10-08-2017, 11:40 AM
ArcticSnow

Default Some more info

It shifts early, I understand how to fix that but havent yet, at top end it smokes decently and runs alright, it just the accelerating part it has troubles with. I spent a good hour or so trying to tune it before the pinion gear got destroyed by the steel spur gear.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:24 AM
parks450

Have you looked at the low speed needle at all? Have you checked to make sure the carb is opening all the way ?