Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Retrofit Project 15yr 1/10 Nimh 7.2 to Lipo 7.4?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Retrofit Project 15yr 1/10 Nimh 7.2 to Lipo 7.4?

Old 06-16-2019, 03:43 PM
Futureairways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replace Nimh 7.2 to Lipo 7.4

Ive seen multiple posts on this truck im doing chevy avalanche i think its great community helping different projects

Personally as a kid i ran it into anything curbs, brick walls, steel polls and nothing broke/bent
So for that ive decided to make it an honest to god hobby MT, I dont plan on going brushless cause idk about RCs sadly so idk gears..
One year i will gut out the radio and esc and servo cause it uses 6 pins? <- Unless i can use this (input needed)

But before that i need a new battery!! Nimh batterys are the same price as lipos and id like to have the same lipos for my future RC

Obviously this mechanical speed controller (circuit board) wasnt made lipo so i was planning to use a low volt alarm?
1) Main concern will the lipo battery hurt an old Mesc and 540 some way (before i replace them )
2) After replacement can i use the lipo with a new BRUSHED ESC
3) If lipo is ok, is the difference in power enough to brake plastic gears/hubs? (rated 15mph)

This site wont let me upload pics but the relay is frm3w-2a10 marked 10amp

If not familiar some trivia 2002 1/10 7.2V 4WD DP
540 can motor
replaceable shocks
servo box
full metal drivtrain
metal dog bone axels
2 steering trims
throttle trim
3 band radio
rated" for 15mph

Last edited by Futureairways; 06-16-2019 at 03:56 PM.