Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Monster truck track/club in Maryland/Southern PA

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Monster truck track/club in Maryland/Southern PA

Old 06-21-2019, 11:34 AM
jdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster truck track/club in Maryland/Southern PA

There's virtually nothing around off road...nearest one I can find is about a 2 hour drive, though it's pretty sweet (Gar-Lands). When I was last active I was a member of Nuclear RC and that was a really cool track. Shame what happened with that, and looking at Google Earth, it's still there(though overgrown with weeds). Would be nice to have something close by.

Anyway...I'm toying with the possibility of purchasing a lot and building a track myself, possibly getting a new club started in the area, perhaps this Fall(not going to deal with construction in the kind of heat and humidity around these parts, lol). There are loads of dirt cheap small lots around here that are unsuitable for building due to failed perc tests that I guess people tend to buy to harvest timber or whatever. Most of the lots are wooded, so will have to cut some trees or find someone who wants them. Have a friend with a very large Kubota, and I have the capital to construct the track and platform, etc.

At this point I'm just putting the idea out there in case anyone has interest in helping with construction/design and maybe getting a local club together. Got the approval from the wife(it's actually her idea). Also she's a former realtor and has some connections and knowledge.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:06 AM
jdiamond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still interested in doing this, I've located some properties in the area for cheap. I guess these forums are pretty dead these days, so I might try some other places. Would really like to get a new club going with an emphasis on nitro. Really would like to see the nitro scene in this area get back to the way it was 10 years ago. I'm not looking for investors, this is something I am footing the bill for 100%, just looking for some people to build the track with, etc.