Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Gmade R1 TO MONSTER Truck

Old 07-16-2019, 11:05 AM
klearkoncepts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Gmade R1 TO MONSTER Truck

has anyone converted their gmade r1 into an mt? looking for tips or tricks .... im running a 3500kv in mine right now ...i know i know ..its called sir breaks alot. just searching for better upgrades for it . and wondering if i picked a bad truck to convert. then again the motor has alot to do with the breaking . first was a twisted driveshaft (with bit tires ) , then snapped both front cva's at the same time (stock tires) . i have a few old stock motors i think im gonna throw one in the truck and see how that does . but any tips tricks or pointers to better quality upgrades would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:08 AM
D3MON

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i dont know how much MT you can get it to be, solid axle is kind of a hard platform for bashing, they are a bit top heavy and especially with fast/torquey motors have alot of torque steer. you can compensate for this by installing stiffer suspension, but it kind of decreases jump-ability (bounces alot). that said, they are fun in their own way.
steel driveshafts, i think G-made themselves make a kit. with crawler motors the stock tend to pop a bit.
i know a common swap (bear in mind this was 9+ years ago) was to put axial ax10 axles on it.
i just recently pulled out my old HPI WK and am converting it more to a MT as well, (i had a homemade crawler conversion as when i was building it the crawler king and conversions didnt exist yet.)
running masher 2000s on 2.2s and at the moment have a 12t brushed motor in it. brushless 3300kv was too much. shortened the shocks to approximately 95mm from the stock 120mm.
good luck on the build, definitely post pics as you go! (do need 10 posts to start putting pics out though.)