Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

First and last Redcat!

Old 05-29-2020, 09:54 PM
Dr.Ew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default First and last Redcat!

For those of you guys like me who wanted to start off in the RC hobby with a great experience and chose to purchase a Redcat product I feel sorry for you! So far all Iíve had is nothing but a nightmare! Every single time I wanted to take it out for a spin it broke. And I donít mean jump it off of a ramp or go to a skatepark. I literally mean drive it in my yard or on the street in front of my house. And every time I called Redcat support they told me its probably not covered by my warranty. Oh but I could fill out the paperwork and see but it would be a long shot! I just wanted to say that Iím really disappointed in my purchase and will not be buying anything from them again!
Old 07-06-2020, 08:33 AM
Jeremy Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember when they first came out, I thought: "Uh oh. Chinese company is going to make cheap stuff to drive out the Japanese and Germans again. This should be interesting."

It is just what I expected. Too good to be true.

Try Kyosho or Traxxas.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:43 AM
bigbear440

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have had fairly good luck with our redcat volcano epx pro truck. A few parts have broken on it, but we find it fairly easy to purchase new or upgraded parts for it. We are thinking of going brushless for it but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:37 PM
wolfie1

I have a maverick and like redcat its a rebranded himoto, stuff has wore out on it but nothing has just broke, like all rc cars you have to make sure everything is tightened and thread locked before you use it for the first time
Old 07-29-2020, 10:46 AM
Jeremy Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfie1 View Post
I have a maverick and like redcat its a rebranded himoto, stuff has wore out on it but nothing has just broke, like all rc cars you have to make sure everything is tightened and thread locked before you use it for the first time
The only RC I've had where stuff had to be tightened was a Tamiya Brat. Front suspension fell apart. I remember reading in the assembly instructions it specifically said not to use thread lock. I was skeptical, but followed their instructions. Sure enough, it loosened up and fell apart soon thereafter. Metal to metal should be thread-locked. (unless it has nylock nuts)

Most Traxxas stuff, for example, is metal to plastic and doesn't need it.

It's mostly the Chinese stuff that needs it, as companies with engineers on staff are aware that things loosen up from vibration, unless measures are taken.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:50 AM
wolfie1

Not true dude, have had and have still got many brands of rc and anything metal on metal comes loose without threadlock, im not wanting to argue about it just stating facts
Old 08-16-2020, 06:35 AM
juxsa

That's too bad!!! Other than the Servo horn on my Kaiju, I've loved it and my Shredder
Old 10-23-2020, 07:06 AM
GYU HOBBY RC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you for the information
That's too bad