Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Black Foot

Old 08-15-2020, 09:19 AM
Overvolted

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Black Foot

Hi, my friend was cleaning out an old machine shop and this truck was sitting on a shelf. Nobody wanted it so he grabbed it for me as he knows im an rc addict. Can anyone tell me what this version or release it is? I want to build it into a runner as it sat on a shelf long enough. If its an original release I may go another route.

My plans are modern electronics and a gear box fix as well as a lighter body and new tires. It looks modified with shocks and the motor. If its the first release ill restore it and if not it will be a runner. Thanks for any information.

Theres no option to attach pictures and I will try in the next post.

Cant attach pics, no icon. Are there any ways to tell which version it is if I cant get pics up?

Last edited by Overvolted; 08-15-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-18-2020, 05:08 PM
RustyUs

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Does it have hex dogbones, or CV shafts?
Old 08-24-2020, 05:43 PM
Overvolted

Sorry for the late response. It has cv joints and rear wheels that use an adaptor with a pin in the axel like what would be on a lunch box or frog. Ive been tearing into it and it looks to be pretty modified with oil shocks, a Team Losi Revolution motor, bearings in the wheels, which are blue and home made plates that tie in the rear shock mounts. It has a mechanicial esc with resistors and a Circus Hobbies am reciever with BEC.
Im hoping with this info I can get a date on this truck or at least what release it was as id like to upgrade the transmission and run it.

Old 08-25-2020, 02:53 AM
RustyUs

I would think it having a mechanical speed control, and that AM receiver, that would point in the direction of a original Blackfoot. I asked about the axles because the original had hex shaped dog bones, but yours seems to be "hopped up", or modified.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:09 AM
Overvolted

Thank you for the information, I was hoping it was original release as it fits in with the rest of my collection nicely. The previous owner must have ran it a lot and cared for it seeing all the upgrades and also the overall condition of the truck as its in really good shape. Im going start dissassembly and cleaning tonight and im hoping when I open the differential case it will have been upgraded as well. There was only one broken piece that the sterring arm mounts to and a replacement just arrived yesterday.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:16 AM
Overvolted

Default Ball diff

Can anyone identify this ball diff? It is in good shape except for the outdrive cups. Anybody know where I can get new outdrive cups? Thanks.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:37 AM
Overvolted

Here are some pictures of what im working with.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:19 AM
Overvolted

Is this worn or is it supposed to be like this?
Old 08-28-2020, 03:45 PM
RustyUs

Originally Posted by Overvolted View Post

Can anyone identify this ball diff? It is in good shape except for the outdrive cups. Anybody know where I can get new outdrive cups? Thanks.
That looks like a Thorp diff. I am sure over at the Tamiyaclub you could have better responses.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:10 PM
Overvolted

Yeah thats what I came up with too. Will check over at tamiyaclub, thank you for the heads up.