Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

is it possible to tune a engine to not overheat when bashing in grass areas?

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

is it possible to tune a engine to not overheat when bashing in grass areas?

Old 04-17-2021, 08:31 PM
rpelich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it possible to tune a engine to not overheat when bashing in grass areas?

hey all, i got a savage x and i believe i am decent in my abilities to tune the engine with my temp gun. when i am tuning on pavement, i can get it at a good temp range that i like and i barely have to move the needle. however whenever i play in a grass field (grass is probably 6 inches high i would say?) the temps easily get in the 300f range or above pretty easily. i have tried richening it but then it ends up getting sluggish and or still stays pretty hot. i couldnt seem to get it a good temp. is this just due to the nature of playing in grass? or does my engine probably have a leak or something?

so my question is, if i strictly wanted to bash in grass and i wanted to tune my engine for that, would it be possible to find a needle setting that would not make my engine get past 260f for example? or is grass just too hard on the motors such that they overheat regardless?

thanks!
Old 04-19-2021, 08:42 AM
Big Alice

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you tried gearing it down a little bit so it's not having to work so hard? 260's not too hot.