Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need advice for new truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 05:10 AM
Ringokid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice for new truck

Hi I am currently upgrading my old truck that’s been sitting in the loft the past 15 years, fun project for me. However I am looking to sell my helis which I never learned to fly and go back to trucks. I am looking for a monster truck that can handle grass as I live in the countryside that’s about all I have around here. I am looking for a bit of speed but not massive as my kids will be having a go for the first time. Any recommendations? And thanks for letting me into your group
Old 12-30-2021, 04:04 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I would start looking at 1/8 scale platforms, simply because of ground clearance. Grass is rough on motors, and trying to keep everything running at optimum temps. Monster trucks are, I think so anyways, more prone to tipping over, and constant wheelie machines. A monster truggy would get my vote. Something like an Arrma Kraton perhaps.
Old 06-07-2022, 03:12 PM
CristianCopeland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The truck is already pretty old; I think that you should invest money in it just for fun, as it is not safe to ride on such a track. Also, it's pretty hard to buy parts for a truck like that, so they will be more expensive.
Old 01-08-2024, 02:41 AM
Evo_KnEvo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’d suggest some type of Monster Truggy as well. Something like a buggy with center diff setup like a buggy. Even better if whatever you pick has some good aftermarket support. Arma is likely where I’d look too.