Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

LMT Grave Digger servo saver question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LMT Grave Digger servo saver question

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 08:40 AM
Letsroll...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LMT Grave Digger servo saver question

Wondering how many run the monster trucks without servo savers. Adding a Savox 1210sg servo and I have a Treal saver coming but going to run it without one in the meantime. Anyone have issues doing this?
Gonna have to add some spacers to the mounting of the servo in order to get alignment but hoping I don't have other issues not running one.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:05 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd say it is quite common to have to tighten a servo saver, or want to go with a super duty servo and forego the saver. I don't have the Grave Digger, but my larger/heavier RCs, and everyone else that has the same platforms, have all needed some sort of servo saver modification to get better turning radius.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:23 PM
RustyUs

After looking at the servo saver for the LMT, it's pretty much like most other designs. Finding a spacer with the right dimensions is often used to put more pressure on the spring. I used a bearing as a spacer (as shown in pictures) for my Yeti's servo saver, and circlips/c-clips for my Kraton.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:27 AM
Letsroll...

I appreciate the comments, my issue wasn’t really with the servo saver, it was the play in the splined portion of it and how shallow the splined portion was. I bet I could at least 1/2 to 3/4 inch play in the wheels before the servo even moved. And it wasn’t the saver too loose it was the whole thing sort of wobbling on the servo shaft.
Made sure screw was tight, never seen anything like it.

I added the 1210sg and 25T aluminum horn and it zero play now. Haven’t run it yet, but hoping it lasts until the new servo saver gets here. (Treal)
Old 01-02-2022, 05:29 AM
Letsroll...

Originally Posted by RustyUs
I'd say it is quite common to have to tighten a servo saver, or want to go with a super duty servo and forego the saver. I don't have the Grave Digger, but my larger/heavier RCs, and everyone else that has the same platforms, have all needed some sort of servo saver modification to get better turning radius.

I was unaware that the server saver offered additional turning radius but I can see that now that you mention it.
Old 01-02-2022, 08:43 AM
RustyUs

Some components lack tight tolerances. Getting a perfect steering setup can be frustrating at times. Slop, backlash, and weakness fighting you every which way straight outta the box sometimes. Sorry, I just don't put a whole lot of faith in RTR components. The servo is always the first to go poo. What really drives me nuts with a RC's steering is, like you, not being able to have maximum lock to lock wheel movement when turning the transmitters wheel. Sure, everything is fine with the wheels/tires in the air, but seeing the servo saver disengage when RC is placed on the ground gets me in a bad mood.
The following users liked this post:
Letsroll... (01-02-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 08:43 AM
Letsroll...

UPDATE:

Using an aluminum power hobby servo horn it made it through half a pack if that, stripped the teeth on the horn. Will just wait on the Treal servo saver, hopefully it works out well.
I at first thought it strip the servo or the splines on it, but the Savox wasn't affected at all. Nice strong, crisp steering while it was running.