Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

fuel (blue thunder and o'donnel)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

fuel (blue thunder and o'donnel)

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 08:19 PM
R/C car guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel (blue thunder and o'donnel)

is there a difference between blue thunder and o'donnel fuel?

both 20%
Old 10-04-2003, 03:00 AM
migueloo

Default RE: fuel (blue thunder and o'donnel)

blue thunder is blue, and o'donnel is transparent. they are both about the same.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:57 AM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

O`donnell`s™ is a far superior fuel to Bluethunder !, O`donnell`s™(alongside PowerMaster™ and Byrons™) are rated by many to be the Best !

You should be able to notice the difference(especially in engine life) between the top runners and something like Bluethunder(aka Smurfpiss) etc

TM
Old 10-04-2003, 11:13 AM
R/C car guy

is there a difference between those top fuels that were mentioned or are those all the samething with a different name?
Old 10-04-2003, 12:55 PM
injectedsmile16

I dont know if theres a difference but i run 20% O' Donnell in my Savage and it works great for me.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Aterlatus

If you're not doing any heavy duty racing, then I really can't imagine it making a difference.

I'm running blue thunder 20% atm, and that's a HUGE improvement over the 16% stuff I used to use. I can't imagine two different 20% fuels being THAT different for your average bashing...

Afterall, it's tuning that really makes a difference when it comes to racing
Old 10-04-2003, 07:35 PM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fuels(manufacturers) I mentioned are the ones that use the best ingredients, the oils etc used are of the highest quality and it is a noticeable difference in power and engine life(being a very important point). You will find that they are probably more expensive, but for my money the easy and consistency of tune combined with a big improvement in engine life is worth the money.

I have conducted many tests on this subject.....wasting many hours and liters of fuel(and engines !) to come to these conclusions, and in some cases you`ll find engines and setup`s...that just won`t run right unless you use a competent fuel, with a good fuel the engine seems to produce more power while being under less stress which has got to be good !

By no means is a 20% Nitro Fuel the same as another 20% Nitro fuel(for one, difference manufacturers of Nitro have majorly different quality controls), the oil contents and ratio`s also make a major difference, if you have ever tried to by the type of synthetic oil used in Byrons(probably EDL or simular) and the type of synth used on BT(Klotz probably) you`ll see that the EDL costs 5 times as much !...and can be run in much thinner ratios etc etc etc.

I`ve been testing fuels for 15 years+ and I have settled on Powermaster, it is the best fuel that I can get locally, and thru tests I`ve found that 15% Nitro Powermaster has much more power than other cheap 20% Nitro fuels, the difference is night and day !

I choose to use one of the most expensive(unfortunately it is ! ) available to cut down on the trouble and hassle cause by crap fuel..... I can`t be bothered tuning all the time and replacing plugs and engines, I actually think the extra cost of the quality fuel pays for it`s self in the long run... I get 10 gallons + from all my engines and no unexpected failures !

TM
Old 10-05-2003, 08:37 AM
BUGGIES_R_US

YES there is a difference.

Blue thunder is 10% oil and is FORMULATED FOR MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE AT THE COST OF ENGINE LIFE. *Not recommended for small block engines*.

O'Donnel is an 18% blend which will provide much more lubrication while extending your engine life.

Thats the main difference. Beyond that, the difference is negligible.

ram