Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Truck bashing!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 11:58 PM
69 GTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck bashing!

Ok guys i am gonna prob. offend some people but oh well,they dont seem to care to offend people with their post so now niether do I!

I have been on this site for just a bit now but i have never felt more like i'm back in a junior high school bickering match than i do when i'm on this site!
Every other post has the same people being disrespectful to other guys tmaxx's,and it is really gettin very old. I have had 2 tmaxx's and 1 emaxx along with many other monster trucks along the way,i'm 32yrs old and have been in to RC for over 20yrs so i have had ALOT of cars/trucks. I have never had any serious problems with my maxx's at all. My current one is .21 powered and the only prob i had was the shafts which i changed to CVD's and now no probs! My point is this,i have been talking with people on this site / reading other posts of people that are sayin how there tmaxx is junk&breaks all the time.....well let me see why. One guy that i talked to that said his maxx wouldnt hold up ended up saying that he had 20 gallons through it..[X(]20 gallons???...To the person i am talkin about,you seemed to have a good knowledge of RC trucks so no offense but you are lucky that ANY truck/car is still around after that much run time on it!
Another post a guy was complaining about his maxx breakin in one sentence and then in the very next sentence he says he ran it into a wooden fence at WOT.....oh gee...and it broke?....DUHH!...do ya think??
I am not a champion RC driver by any means but after 20yrs i would like to think that i know a little about how to drive and how to jump& land a truck without parts flyin in every direction,line up square for a jump,gas it up the face of the ramp,adjust it with gas/brake to level it in the air and LET OFF the trottle just before it lands so its not landing on power. If you do this then i dont care how weak of a truck you have or what kind of truck it is the suspension will work as designed and it wont break. As i said i have had 3 different maxx's and i have drove and looked at the savage very closely(and i'm gettin one next week)and sure the savage has beefier arms and my be a little more durable in a endo or bad wreck(so if your drivin style calls for a savage by all means more power to ya)but a maxx is just as durable in the right hands and can be upgraded more than any truck out there!

Point is .....this is RC universe not savage universe...so stop being childish and sayin mine is better than yours,i think all truck owners whether they have a maxx/savage/clod/mad force/txt/chruser or whatever can learn something from each other if given the chance,insteed of always having to read back&forth childish fighting!
Old 10-04-2003, 12:04 AM
lynx the great
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Truck bashing!

i agree very strongly!!!!!!

i love both of my maxxes

pat
Old 10-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Rex2342

Very well put and I agree with you completely.I was recently involed in such a discussion.A guy was asking witch truck he should get T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage.25 and without bashing the Maxx in anyway I answered the guys question.Well someone else decided he would call me a "Vocal T-Maxx basher" so thats the reason for my responces in that thread.Anyone who has read any of my posts should know that I don't like getting involved in flaming or arguing but this guy pushed me the wrong way and I responded.I'll agree that the Maxx is a decent truck but I myself have had nothing but problems with it.I don't really care what people drive as long as they have fun.I say get what you like and drive it like you stole it!!
Old 10-04-2003, 12:19 AM
Aterlatus

Well, my smilies are better than your smilies :P

Sure, they both do the same thing (portraying thoughts or emotions), but mine do it better than yours!

And yours come up with 404 errors more often!

Meh, personally I don't give a crap either way. The tmaxx might well be a good truck, but I'm not one to pass judgement on it since I've never even seen one, let alone driven/owned one. If someone asks me, I'll tell them how much I love my Savage and how I feel it's a bloody durable truck (especially for a newby to nitro RC like me, only been in the game around two months) but other than that, meh.

You're right though - it is starting to feel a bit like a ***** fight round here lately.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:31 AM
69 GTO

Thats my point guys...i'm not bad mouthing the savage...i like it or i wouldnt be getting one,but even if i thought it was junk i wouldnt post that it was just outa the blue to tryin put someones truck down. Rex i read the thread you are talkin about and i know what you mean,i know your feelings on the max and i think you gave good unbiased advice to that guy...So i can respect your input in any thread(i can also respect that girl in your avitar....)

Comes down to this i joined this site to talk monsters and learn things...even after the amount of time i have been into it things are always changing so you can always learn. I didnt join to read a buncha crap!
Old 10-04-2003, 06:56 AM
TheMachine

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In MY defence !..... when I said my T-Max had a total of 20 gallons on it before I gave up(saw the light, and stopped throwing good money after bad!!!) I had also spent close to $1600USD on it to keep it running, I have bought something like 6-7 sets of gears and a few cases for the diffs, 7-8 stock tranny gears and a couple of RRP gears, servo`s, clutches, spurs, adapters, Many many drive shafts and yokes and CVD`s and arms and bulkheads and chassis braces and shocks and tie rods and springs ....................................... My truck was totally rebuilt several times, if you talk to any serious big-block T-Max racer/basher(most with LESS of an engine than a full blown high $$ race mill) they have dumped $4KUSD + into there trucks, ... but they could afford it !, so good for them !

Get the picture !? [:@] it was not like I was expecting the original unit to last that long !, I did always upgrade and buy new parts....heck the only thing I never replaced/upgraded was the servo mount posts.

And just so we do get something straight right now, your story/situation rig with a OS RZ V01B and near stock driveline is so freak`n far outside the "norm" thats its not funny, you ARE selling people into ALOT of trouble and EXPENSE by telling them a T-Max can handle that sort of power/setup.........I don`t know whats worse, people fighting and being childish or mis-information/mis-guided information being dolled out as fact(which leads people down a path(i.e. .21 conversion for T-Max) that will get out-of-control expensive real fast and they won`t know when to quit before they have receipts for $2KUSD racked up). Didn`t you also have less than 2 gallons thru your truck in 3.5 years or something like that....thats super low miles for age !

I hope you understand where I`m coming from.

TM
Old 10-04-2003, 11:54 AM
69 GTO

First of all iif you reread what i said i WASNT bashing you machine. And secondly i have gave NO misinformation on my truck ...it is not So far out of believeable or whatever you said......i HAVE the RZ in my truck and besides shaft prob's(which i fixed) i have NONE!...if you dont believe me.... then really i could care less! And for a normal person putting a couple gallons throuhg a truck in a summer IS normal! Plus that is just this truck,as i said i have had another tmaxx and a emaxx!

As for $4000US in a tmaxx......i dont know who these people are but let me tell ya,i got some swamp land here in the U.S that i would like to sell them! You DO NOT have to put that kinda money into a maxx to really make it tough.

I will tell you.....i have prob. close to about $1600 into my maxx...but some of that $ was just for looks no performance....the only mods i have done to the drive train are the CVD's and removed the reverse gears.

As i said earlier i could really give a &^$# if you believe me or not but its the truth.
As for having to "defend" yourself....there's no need,this wasnt an attack on you and i said you "seemed"to have good RC knowledge & never even mentioned your name!

And i think you can understand where I'M coming from!
Old 10-04-2003, 11:56 AM
69 GTO

One other thing machine you said you had to replace a couple sets of CVD's..what are you doing to ruin a set of CVD's???[&:]
Old 10-04-2003, 04:41 PM
kennebell50

I'll admit I'm guilty of Tmaxx bashing, but its all in good fun on the light side but on the serious side I want to keep people from going through the Tmaxx troubles I had. Honestly after trying another truck(SAVAGE) I can say they aren't worth the trouble. I really did go through alot of money and countless hours of repairs with my Tmaxxs. But all that aside my intentions aren't to piss anyone off.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:56 PM
injectedsmile16

I dont mean to be rude but its not like people are lieing about their problems with their t-maxx's. Seriously why is there going to be so many people come on a whole bunch of forums and bash on their own truck(t-maxx)? On this site, on the traxxas site, on other sites you really dont hear any good abouit a t-maxx unless its completely hopped up. When you have hundreds of people complaining about ONE single truck then you know theres a problem. Granted with about a grand into your t-maxx maybe it is pretty durable but not everyone has an extra 1000 to throw into an RC truck. That is why so many people choose a savage or other trucks over the t-maxx. The savage stock is just a great truck and a t-maxx stock just gives you problems. Like I said this in no way was to cause problems I am just stating the facts.
Old 10-04-2003, 08:01 PM
TheMachine

Maxoverkill - I read your original post carefully and it does seem you have rather a blunt method of getting your point across, thats OK, so do I !(and I don`t give a fly`n *&^%* either). But I think you must be able to see that I do not appreciate being used as a negative example to bolster your argument that every one is being a bias whiner against the T-Max.

None of my other R/C`s in 15-16 years of Nitro running has ever given me as much trouble as a T-Max and I`m certainly not alone. The biggest mistake for a T-Max owner is to upgrade to .21 power, it should be discouraged because of the frailties and expense which is not explained correctly by people like you who say my max has a RZ and holds up great(again....fly`n puck applies, don`t want to hear it ! bollocks ! )

Anyone who has ever got some serious power into a T has discovered the problems(first of all get a true 1/8th scale clutch so you can transfer more than 1hp !!...sheesh a almost 3hp motor with a tiny 2 shoe traxxas .15 clutch !) Then you`ll break a CVD too !, I have bent and snapped MIP T-Max CVD`s like twiggs, they are again a 1/10th .15 designed part, take a look at a proper 1/8th scale CVD... the bone thickness and stub axles size and you`ll see what I mean. CVD`s also do wear out after 10 gallons or so in sand, they should be dog bones only !.

I think thats enough bandwidth wasted. for the sake of argument !, next your going to tell me you still use the plastic wheel hex`s on your T ! ha !!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:16 PM
TheQuakeKing
My Feedback: (23)

You guys are funny.Oh, my truck is better than yours even tho it's in 50 pieces! haha! just kidding.But i understand where everyone is coming from.I was once there.It's ok to be proud and express your joy among others, but then there's the type that are as@#$%!# but hey, there wil always be some....
Old 10-04-2003, 11:18 PM
89jettawolfs

there are more tmaxxes out htere then any other truck so there's gonna be more complaints about them. I don't own a monster truck but i agree with what's being said about arguing. But on the othere hand this thread is the exact thing it was supposed to be against. It's supposed to be against arguments about which is better and that's what the whole thing is about. If you go to my lhs they tell ya the t-maxx is the best. And they feel that way because they all have them. But on here everybody is against them. nitro rc's cost money no matter what you get and things will break especially if you put in more power. so i think everybody should agree to disagree and give it a rest. some people love t-maxxes some hate. why have post after post about it and just give up. If you hate you don't need to tell everybody all the time. If you love same thing. Alright that's enough from me. sorry i just had to rant for a minute. carry on the argument because i kno it can't be stopped.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:52 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

i dont believe the machine posted in this thread to argue, he was forced to post to stand up for himself.and i guess thats the point, everones just expressing their own oppinion and your not going to stop that.not everone is going to have the same oppinon because everyone has different expieriences hence youll never stop the arguing.
but if the arguing involves informed posts with evidence etc of the point your making then no person is "wrong" necisarily its more of a debate from which people can make their own oppinions. its the people who just put in a one line post which is just knocking which doesnt benifit anyone.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:07 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

people have different opinions since some of the guys have bad experience with their rigs and those are the one who trash their rigs now with people who have a good experience those are the ones that defends them so u cant take that away
Old 10-05-2003, 09:02 AM
fourwheeler

I personally have the Savage but have been looking at the Sportmaxx for a killer wheelie machine and to do crazy 2 wheel drive doughnuts. I like all the trucks and let's face it, they all have thier problems so let's just rejoice and have fun with them.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Rex2342

I've been playing with electrics alot lately and I'm kinda liking how quiet and simple they are.No tuning,no noise,and no mess.The only thing I don't like is the short run times and the expensive batteries.If I get another electric anything it would be an E-Maxx but I would want to upgrade the suspension parts with RPM parts just to be safe.Mmmmmm brushless E-Maxx!!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 12:53 PM
69 GTO

I didnt start this thread to say the maxx is a better truck than the savage if you read what i said you guys will see what i am talking about. And just like someone said adding a one liner in a post about a maxx does NOTHING but P^&$ people off! A perfect example is a few days ago Pat(lynx) posted a thread w/pics of his maxx in flight....he never said "my maxx rulz,it would kill your savage" he simply put a few pic's up to share with you guys and someone had to jump in there a say"what did it break ,it IS a tmaxx" thats the kinda BS i am talkin about!

And machine....let me tell ya,i am being blunt because i am sick off it already and i dont see how the maxx owners have stood for this crap as long as they have.......You say you have twisted your MIP CVD'S...huh..thats funny CVD's are rockwelled(hardened) to a rockwell of about58...that means they wont twist they would just break cleanly!!

My point is just as someone said a few posts ago.....if you dont like the maxx then fine but stop always inserting that in ever post! You have a thread going right now machine were you were tryin to put up some video and your savage broke before you could even get it warmed up you said......i could have been a jerk and said "well its junk,you should have bought a maxx" but i didnt...i replyied and said ...that happens to all of us sometimes!.....duno i guess you just dont get it,guess i was raised with a little more respect for others than some people !!!
Old 10-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Aterlatus

Nope, doesn't feel as good as some others would have us believe...

Meh.

I don't mind if y'all like TMAXXs, just keep them outta the way at the track if you don't want my Savage running over them
Old 10-05-2003, 05:01 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Well Maxxoverkill you tried to have an intelligent thread but as usual it took a downward turn. The children on this forum have ruined another thread!
Old 10-05-2003, 05:03 PM
69 GTO

Yupp guess you cant have a conversation with kids!
Old 10-05-2003, 05:05 PM
lynx the great
My Feedback: (1)

hey now that is not nice ____im 16_____

lmao

pat
Old 10-05-2003, 05:08 PM
studysession

My wife has 2 TMaxx's. The new 2.5 not the old one. We have both been into RC for 8 - 9 years now. She loves them. But they break very easy is both of our biggest complaints. We both have ablast with both of them. They are a very fast and fun truck. I love doing wheelies. With my buggy, you dont do wheelies.

But because of them breaking all them time, she is now selling both of them and getting a Hyper 7 PBS like me. She loves the buggy because of durability. The same reason I originally got one.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:20 PM
69 GTO

Pat i know your 16 but let me tell ya ...being mature is not just based on your age it's being respectfull of people and having good sence....its not just your age. I have talked with you alot on and off site and you seem very polite and respectful and i am glad to know ya! wish others your age were as mature as you are[8D]
Old 10-05-2003, 08:05 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS PLEASE!

If you do not like this discussion.. dont read it.
Dont attack others for expressing their opinions or beliefs.
I have no problem if you want to say that your TMaxx is a POS or if you say your Savage can eat your TMAXX alive.
But attacking another person is unwarranted and will not be tolerated.

Play nice
Ram

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.