Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How is the Kyosho Madforce?

I am considering buying the madforce. Any opinions on the madforce. Thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 01:59 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How is the Kyosho Madforce?

cuz of its 3 speed i guess its fast and the way it looks like it can handle jumps too ..i want to get one too..ur not buying the one in the for sale section arent you?
Old 10-22-2003, 05:23 AM
Bobby26

No from the local hobby shop. i went to get some nitro fuel for my other trucks today and the guy that i deal with showed me the truck. I have read some good and some bad about it. just wandering how it was overall.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:00 AM
Plum Crazy
My Feedback: (5)

I have one in stock form it's bouncy and fast the steering is a little vague the brakes are real grabby it really needs the pads off one of Kyosho's buggy's. Also the magazines say the engine has a chrome lined cylinder but it's not true it's only brass but the good thing is it breaks in fast and it's easy to port. The engine runs great it's easy to start and has enough power so you dont get board too fast,and with the three speed it makes a pretty good crawler. over all the truck is a lot of fun I have a Monster Pirate body on it now and soft front springs I found at the hardware store for 85 cents a piece. I forgot to ad it seem's pretty darn tough I've never broke a part on it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65096.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	69252  
Old 10-22-2003, 02:05 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

do the rims fits the savage?and can ubuy something that would allow u to put 8shox like the rcx edition
Old 10-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Plum Crazy

The rims have 19 mm hexes not fourteen and yes they make the stuff for eight shocks.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:02 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

The sleeve is not chrome or nickel plated!!! It can't just be brass, are you looking inside it?
Old 10-22-2003, 06:13 PM
Razoo

Oops my bad, I just looked up the replacement piston and sleeve on tower and it says brass lined cylinder head, I always thought sleeves were plated, you learn something every day. I apologize for doubting you!
Old 10-22-2003, 08:38 PM
Plum Crazy

No problem Razoo it.s like I said it makes it very easy to port considering you dont have to worry about flaking the chrome.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:03 PM
sledmanass

the only thing i dont like about it is that i heard it has a .15 engine, thats kinda small for that big of a truck.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:59 PM
normanski

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi all,

Here is a link to the Kyosho Web-site. The Mad Force comes with a .21 engine.

http://www.kyosho.com/cars/kyoc0521.html

It is the Mega Force that has a .15 engine.

Normanski
Old 10-23-2003, 02:05 AM
Bobby26

just like everyone else on the forum here. i really want a t-maxx or savage. But i haven't found a hobby shop in New Zealand that supplies either of them. I could buy a thunder tiger ek4 but i don't really like the looks of it. I have seen videos of the ek4 and it looks like it hauls *****. I think i will stay with the kyosho brand for now since i have 3 of them sitting in my room now. i also bought a 1/8 megalith monster truck aka ofna titan. I was thinking of making it a two wheel drive and seeing if i can get some wheelies out of it, but i am not sure if i will screw the tranny up on it. Cheers everyone, Bobby
Old 10-23-2003, 02:16 PM
rcblaze

The mad Force is a great truck. I love mine. It's no racer for many reasons but is a great basher and show truck. Check out New Era aftermarket parts to get that show truck look. As far as performance goes like mentioned above out the box not many can touch it. AS far as speed goes that is and with upgrades watch out it can really be a nice truck. Durability is very good I have broken one part and still have not replaced it b/c the truck has been fine the Diff housing has a crack in it. All in all I'd say the truck is a 8 out of 10 IMO.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

its very very fast. Its faster than my dirtbike and real car(off the line anyway)
Old 10-23-2003, 09:17 PM
rcanimal

If you want to keep the mad force from bouncing so much get the yellow ultra soft springs by Kyosho and put 40wt oil in. It works great for me. Getting the mega force rims is also a good idea. They look better and add an inch of width to the truck. Makes it much more stable.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Bobby26

It is funny thtat you mention that. i have put my mega force tires on my mad force and it looks alot better. I will go to the lhs and order some softer springs for it and the 40 wt shock oil. the back seems pretty soft but the front is stiff and i am not sure how that will be. i left it two wheel drive for how since i have read people having problems with the differentials falling out on them. also i have taken the exhaust out and checked to how much the gasket restricts the air flow, i have trimmed gasket off the exhaust. i couldn't believe how much gasket was covering the exhaust. also i have beefed up the arms that hold the differentials it seems less flimsy now. i have changed a couple of other things that i didn't like about it too. next i will be working on the steering. cherrs, Bobby
Old 10-24-2003, 11:35 PM
rcanimal

Bobby26 I am not sure what you mean by the diffs falling out. Do you mean dog bones? The only problem you will ever have with diffs is if you are using a bigger engine you may strip the spider gears because there are only two in each diff. To upgrade the diffs just buy the kyosho bevelled shafts and 4 more spider gears. Install and your diffs will be super strong. Put another dog bone in and run in four wheel drive. Just paint the dogbones a bright color so you can find them if they pop out. Beefing up the suspension arms should help with the flexing, which is why you lose dogbones in the first place. I am using support rods made by new era models and I haven't lost a dogbone since. Finally you are making a good choice with changing the steering. Again, go with new era models and get the front bumper with steering assembly.