Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Titan Deluxe or Dominator Extreme RTR

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Titan Deluxe or Dominator Extreme RTR

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 05:44 PM
psychochicken001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Titan Deluxe or Dominator Extreme RTR

I'm looking to get one of these OFNA trucks (no thanks, T-Maxx and Savage) and I'd like to know which on is the best bang for the buck. I plan to balance racing with bashing, and I'm not new to nitro, so the "novice factor" doesn't really matter to me. Any suggestions?
Old 11-02-2003, 05:59 PM
TurbineInhaler

Default RE: Titan Deluxe or Dominator Extreme RTR

My opinion is that I like the Dominator better... But the Titan is a bit smaller and faster than Dom... But other than that it's a sturdy truck... Though I've heard that the diffs are week and the chassis is made from the same as the buggies but I like Dominator... But it's really your choice
Old 11-02-2003, 09:13 PM
kanairacer

i think you mean the dom is faster and smaller than the titan
Old 11-03-2003, 02:37 PM
studysession

But the Titan is a bit smaller and faster than Dom
The Titan is OFNA's biggest monster truck.

I bought the Dominator RTR - I wish I bought the Deluxe because all the aluminum is nice, but could not resist the price I paid. I am still breaking it in. I love buggies, figure a truggy is what I really wanted for bashing. Pulling wicked sick air is what I want. I am not into the slow back yard rock crawling. I want to go into a turn on the track with WOT and pull highest jumps.

Either way you go, I think you will be happy. I called OFNA and asked out of the box which one will pull more wheelies, They said Titan out of box, but if you put the same engine in the Dom it would do the same amount of wheelies as the Titan. I love pulling wheelies.
Old 11-03-2003, 02:51 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i like the titan deluxe good for bashing and maybe a little bit of rcing..for racing id go dominator ...and if the monster pirate is still out illl go for that ..the size is in between the titan and dominator
Old 11-03-2003, 02:54 PM
studysession

Dominator and Monster Pirate are the same except for few minor differences, now dont get the Monster Pirate mixed with the Pirate 10 though, the Pirate 10 is completely different.

I race - so I went with the Dom. We do not have an open class in our club to allow the big engines like the Force .25 the Titan has with it.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:00 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

oh ithot they r different .....pirate 10 is the small one right?i went to my hs the other day and i guess they still sell the old dominator cuz they still have the 4port hyper21 not like u do keith u have the 8 port right?
Old 11-03-2003, 03:06 PM
studysession

Monster Pirate and Dominator is 1/8 use same chassis - a-arms - braces etc - just minor differences. The Pirate 10 is completely different, it is 1/10 scale. They made the Dom more for racing. When you open the documentation for the Dom most of it is a Monster Pirate Buggy then minor difference for the dom. Most of it is body and wheel - few other things that dont make much of a difference. The Dom comes with front and rear anti sway bars out of box to make it more stable in corners and stuff. The wheel are lower profile to also help stability, things that make it better racer. Going through documentation, it has all the docs for the MP then an update for the Dom.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:01 PM
TurbineInhaler

Woah.. Totally my bad... While I was wrapped up in my Dominator wanting.. I never knew it was smaller than a titan... I'm truly sorry...
Old 11-03-2003, 08:20 PM
psychochicken001

Thanks for the help so far. So, the consensus thus far is toward the Dom? Obviously, the Dom is a better racing truck, but is the Titan a potential speed demon at all? After all, it does come with two-speed and a nice, large .25.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:05 PM
Haldir

The Titan is fast but, you will have to upgrade to aluminum clutch shoes and tune the 2 speed tranny to get to shift into second gear. I have had mine for a while and it still does not shift, the aluminum clutch shoes I ordered should the trick. I personally would recommend the new Monster GT from AE, I wish I had waited and gotten it instead, oh well.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:07 PM
studysession

You can get the Deluxe Dom - it is all ali with the 2spd. With a single speed the Dom does 38Mph - I do not know how fast it is with the 2spd. For racing, I would not put a 2 spd in. I find it is to hard to control when flying your car if you have a 2spd. It is easier to fly when you have a single spd.

Nose goes down while in the air you give it some throttle to bring it back up. If it hits 2nd gear while in flight, then you flip over backwards. Some people say you can always listen to the RPM's to tell and make sure it does not hit 2nd gear. Well you pick the noise of your motor out of 10 others on the same track or if the jump is on far end of track you can not here it at all. It is just easier for me with a single spd tranny.
Old 11-04-2003, 12:48 PM
Jarret

Why don't you just go with the Twin Engine Titan?

I am pretty sure that hauls!
Old 11-04-2003, 01:09 PM
Tracer
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Jarret
Why don't you just go with the Twin Engine Titan?
Heh.. cuz tuning two engines is so much more fun than one

Seriously though.. My friend has both the Monster Pirate and the Dominator... just for kicks.. .He loves his truck... I now wish I had gotten the Dominator over the Savage.

Still.. it's all good.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:12 PM
studysession

Tracer - what do you have?
Old 11-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Jarret

Well, I would rather buy the Twin Engine Titan, tune both engines, and have the power.

But that is just what I would do.
Old 11-04-2003, 02:27 PM
rcblaze

I have both and the Dominator is one of the best hands down. I haven't gotten much experience with my titian. But I like it so far. Race go with Dominator. Bash go with the Titan.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:01 PM
TitanAD

Titan Twin... Aahhhh.. made sure I pre ordered 2 to make sure i get one of the 340 made..

Freedom.. I am going to be up in your neck of the woods this weekend, maybe we can hook up so I can see that Titan of yours.. Gotta help my father-in-law with his FT-TC3 and check out the races at Rain City...
Old 11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
psychochicken001

I would love to have the Titan Twin, except for one little problem. I am a semi-serious racer, and obviously, two engines are outlawed. So, the Twin isn't even in consideration at this point.
Old 11-04-2003, 07:32 PM
TitanAD

ORIGINAL: psychochicken001

I would love to have the Titan Twin, except for one little problem. I am a semi-serious racer, and obviously, two engines are outlawed. So, the Twin isn't even in consideration at this point.
I race my Mugen MST-1 and will actually be able to race the Titan Twin if I care to. Take a look.. Monster Truck class is "OPEN" where it was limited this year.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41629.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	72468  
Old 11-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Haldir

Where is rain city? I know that it is in Lynnwood, if you have an address that would be really helpful. I should have my aluminum clutch shoes this coming Thursday, so it will be installed Friday just in time for the weekend. What time/day are you going to be there TitanAD?[8D]
Old 11-04-2003, 11:14 PM
TitanAD

The address is:
2006 196th ST SW
Suite 119 Lynnwood, WA 98036

It's in the Alderwood Business park behind the Sugar Shack Cafe.

I'll be up on friday, got a party to goto in Mill Creek.. PM me a Number to contact you or I can give you my #. I'll be Staying in Bellevue.

BTW, I just moved away from there in June so I have alot of ties up there still.. will be up there every so often to race, ride, and whatever the weather allows. Let me know..