Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

All you MGT skeptics, watch this!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

All you MGT skeptics, watch this!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 03:49 PM
td_enterprise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All you MGT skeptics, watch this!!!!!!!!!

Here's a quick video of the MGT. It is completely stock except for dominator tires, rpm rims, and a 16t clutchbell. Stock is 15t. It DOES have serious race potential with some real racing tires on it. The suspension is awesome for race tracks, probably soft for you guys that like to jump over cars. If the weather would cooperate here, I'm hoping to hit the race track yet, but it's not looking good so far. First minute sucks, took a while to get the motor and slipper warmed up, it's in the 40's here during the video.

[link=http://www.renegaderc.com/video/BFT11-1.WMV]Wheelie Video[/link]
Old 11-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Nitroaddict

Default RE: All you MGT skeptics, watch this!!!!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW!!! that was great!!!! nice to see some real vid finally. that thing was moving!! and what ground clearance. i am fully impressed.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Traely

Ours seems to have a better top end but in now way will pull up the front tires.

I will tweek it some more and continue to try. Did he put stiffer shocks on it?
Old 11-03-2003, 04:40 PM
wishtoHB

Dang, I bet the neighbors just want to shoot themselves with you bashing around.....just kidding. Yes, I am very impressed. It seems to have good brakes and lots of power. Seems like it shifts pretty well, snapping right into second gear. Thx for the vid, hope you enjoy it your new toy
Old 11-03-2003, 04:42 PM
Traely

Would you mind finding out what he did to his brakes??

I have adjusted ours and cant get it to stop with authority.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:00 PM
td_enterprise

Traely, how many tanks do you have on? Run 3 tanks and use the brakes alot. If they don't wear in, take some sandpaper to the plates and disc to scuff them.

The shocks have 2 extra limiters in them, 1/4" one from the factory, then another 1/4" one, and then a larger 3/8" or so. The suspension is very soft from the factory, but easily fixed. I haven't seen many rtr trucks with good stock shocks yet, and that is one of AE's misses. I would have given up the fake reservoirs for some of their aluminum bodied shocks.

It actually shifts so nice into 2nd that I can hold a wheelie while shifting. Takes some practice, but it does work. I need an 18t clutchbell so it doesn't come up so hard. Then I'll get some of my speed back too from the drop in tire size. When I was driving it around with stock tires, It would hop the front end a little, but no wheelie stands. That was only 2 tanks of fuel on the engine at that point though, so I'm tossing the stockers back on as soon as the weather cooperates to do some more testing.
Old 11-03-2003, 05:28 PM
kennebell50

Nice truck, but please if your going to post a vid atleast do some crazy jumps. I've lost count of how many people say "check out this vid", and its a MT just putting around in circles. Get hardcore, break parts, its worth it for the enjoyment you get out of it. If I have a camcorder that could post vids you guys would sh*t at the sight of some of my jumps. I plan on getting a good camcorder next week merely for posting vids to these forums. It'll be worth it just to show you people the way these toys were intended to be used. Who cares if you break parts, thats why there are new ones.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:03 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

any truck can look good in a video. its all in the camera man.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:38 PM
KomPleat

Finally a vid!

I aggree with newtoheli though.. do some crazy stuff!! I'm going to go get my MGT right now, it JUST came in. I have a digicam that does movies with sound (untill I get a camcorder) so I should hopefully have some vids up here eventually.. thing is, we have half a foot of snow here allready, it came on the weekend. I may have to get some paddle tires or chains to get a good video of it.

And HOLY CRAP caseyddr, its so funny how you try to bash this truck all the time, I can't belive you haven't given up yet.. but umm keep up the good work, its good for a laugh It MUST have been the camera man makin that thing do the wheelies right?? hahahahahahahahahaha

Keep the vids commin!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:00 PM
polstery

I don't know what the big deal is. My T maxx looks like that on my lawn??
Old 11-03-2003, 07:33 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: polstery

exactly. the truck is nothing but ordinary. Nothin on it is original :-/
Old 11-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

I agree, it looks just like a tmaxx driving around. You need another truck in the video for comparison, and some better camera manning.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:13 PM
td_enterprise

It was a last minute thing to shoot video as I don't have the digicam. That's also why I cannot re-do the video and edit it. If I get to a racetrack, weather permitting, I will try to get some more. This simply shows that it actually does run pretty good, and have quite a bit of power for a stock .21. Don't forget that this thing is quite a bit longer than a t-maxx, and it's a chore to bring the wheels up on a long wheelbase truck. As for a comparison, hopefully we will have a 2.5 t-maxx with a sirio kit in it, Bohica Race chassis, and a single speed on the track at the same time, if all the parts show up in time.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:48 PM
nodolarsnosense
Banned

going hardcore makes it easy to make a good vid without needing much thought. But put some thought into camera angles, and a simple plot and you will have a great vid without breaking your car.
leave in your vid all the footage of stuff you wish you did for the entire tank but dont (eg wheelies), and leave out all the stuff you could do for a an entire tank (such as potter around idling) but dont.
Old 11-04-2003, 01:23 PM
td_enterprise

It's also not being bashed yet until I get a bashing body for it. I'm not one of those guys that runs the truck around continuously without a body. To me, that's just asking for more broken parts. The body is part of the give in a lot of crashes. I figure I have 2 of 2000 flag bodies, so at some point they might be more valuable than a piece of scrap lexan. Might save them for some events at the race track or parade too, who knows.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:46 PM
caseyddr

understandable. I will have a vid of a EPIC .18 terra crusher vs a Sirio .18 Tmaxx this weekend. That should be interesting
Old 11-04-2003, 06:19 PM
popa71

I dont agree with that statement, "Do some crazy stuff " maybe when the hobby shops are stocked with parts. Who wants to try and break a truck that has just been released and then wait 3 weeks to get parts. Thats easy to say if you have a T-maxx or Savage, you can break it and have it fixed the same day. Just have some fun with it and im sure the big jumps will eventually come once the truck has a few battle scars on it.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Vexon

ORIGINAL: polstery

Your crazy the T maxx looks so small next to it hehehe.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:56 PM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Vids not working for me!! Says theres a problem with the server!! Oh well Ill see it later!!
Old 11-05-2003, 12:28 AM
adeoliver

WOW not to shabby, I thought the end was pretty funny, was that christmas time or??LOL anyways that just might be worth the extra, I was thinking of going with a savage .25, but more vids like that and Ill seriously concider buying one of these instead!! More vids would be a plus!!
Old 11-05-2003, 06:19 AM
DCLXVI

ORIGINAL: adeoliver

Vids not working for me!! Says theres a problem with the server!! Oh well Ill see it later!!
Did you try and right-click and then select "Save As"?
Old 11-05-2003, 10:49 AM
Pkvillager

I am a fan of the MGT but there was nothing in that vid that was even a little bit impressive. No jumps, no top speed runs, no donuts, no nothing... Ohh wait wheelies in the grass......

Keep em comming though... Lets see some action.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:58 AM
adeoliver

ORIGINAL: DCLXVI

ORIGINAL: adeoliver

Did you try and right-click and then select "Save As"?
Ya how else would there be a problem with the server?? ANyways if you didnt notice I got it downloaded and watched it!!
Old 11-05-2003, 11:07 AM
adeoliver

ORIGINAL: Pkvillager

I am a fan of the MGT but there was nothing in that vid that was even a little bit impressive. No jumps, no top speed runs, no donuts, no nothing... Ohh wait wheelies in the grass......

Well to be blunt he showed exactly what he wanted, and proved that it was not underpowered, and on top of that it seemed to get around in the yard pretty darn fast not only that but it did it very quick, not much hesitation at all, very good throttle responce.
ANyways I was impressed and liked what I saw, and thats coming from a diehard big block maxx man, and Ive had some pretty mean bigblocks.
Old 11-05-2003, 03:44 PM
td_enterprise

ORIGINAL: Pkvillager

Once again, QUICK WHEELIE VIDEO. The truck only had a couple tanks of fuel on it, so it's technically not even broke in, and I don't want to destroy that body. If the weather is cooperating, I want to get more this weekend as I have an escalade ext body on it now. Next one will be at a racetrack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.