Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

2.5 question in cold

Old 11-09-2003, 10:17 PM
ExtremeRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 question in cold

Hey guys I had mt T-maxx out today and it was about 28 degrees and i was wheeling and the one time that i flipped and barrel rolled it it landed on it side with the pipe down and fuel just poured out of it real fast and then stopped. It poured out like if u pulled for a while and flooded it and u do the thing where u hold it vertical and tip it down to the side to get the fuel out. Can you guys tell me if this is normal. It only did it once and it was running great. I was thinking since i had it quite rich that, that was the problem. Iknow when i hit the throttle there was definatly a great amount of blue smoke it shot out like compressed air.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:24 AM
Dr. Krass

Default RE: 2.5 question in cold

are you sure it was fuel and not just exhaust oil that had built up in the pipe?
Old 11-10-2003, 07:29 AM
ExtremeRC

It very well could've been oil, it resembled oil. I had the engine rich cause of the cold and it was spitting oil so your probably right its oil build up in the pipe because of the richness factor.
Extreme
Old 11-10-2003, 09:52 AM
studysession

Most likely is what was in the pipe - especially since you said you had it running rich...
Old 11-10-2003, 02:52 PM
ExtremeRC

Ok thanks guys i just wanted to just run it by everyone and just make sure. This is the first 2.5 that hasn't had to be sent back to traxxas after 6 tanks of fuel.
Extreme
Old 11-10-2003, 04:12 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

I say this for the "good of the publics' engines'".

When its COLD, your engine NEEDS TO BE RICHENED!!

Yes, the cold air takes away SOME of the heat but cold air is pretty dense, and you need additional fuel to meet your air/fuel ratio.

If you were running for a while, you can expect a MAXIMUM of a teaspoon to collect. when you shift speeds, turn etc, most of the oil will come out. Make sure your fuel lines arent punctured! This is very had to see and it can cause tuning nightmares.

Sleep tight!
Ram