Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GPM CV Joints for TC

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 09:15 PM
junky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPM CV Joints for TC

I got the GPM steel CV's for my TC and they are CRAP ... under a 1/4 of a tank and i snapped the pins on the uni joint - so i called RCXSHOP where i got htem from and they offered to replace the broken cv if i sent it back, well after some emailing i got them to pay for it back and then i thought about it and it wasnt worth it - so i modified it and put a pin with eclips either end through it - fixed ! went out bashing and after 1/2 tank broke the other 3 ...... hmmmmm .... so i fixed that - after a day of bashing - problem solved !!

The TC is big truck .. thats what i like about ... thats about it .... i have replaced the driveline ... strengthened the diff housings and new engine .... so its a real custom TC ....

It flys awesome .... the only thing i break now and then - is some of the trans gears .. but the usually last a couple of solid days of flying and landing hard ... and digging holes from the wheelies

i have put a lot of $ into it ... but it keeps me busy

just my speech for the day

i will post pictures and vids in the next day or so on www.nastynitro.com
Old 11-16-2003, 10:10 PM
ShOzz

Default RE: GPM CV Joints for TC

that's a shame, as far as GPM goes they have some of the best machine quality i have had the pleasure to see, or at least as far as stuff they have for the savage.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:31 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

what engine do you have in your TC. I havent had any problems what so ever with my drivetrain, and its all stock with an EPIC .18. Wizen's was stripping g parts he said when he had his force .25 in it though, not sure how often.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:31 PM
junky

hyper .21 8port .... the stock uni H/N parts lasted longer than these ... but since i put the pins and eclips in i have had no problems at all.

pics to be done today showing how they snapped ....