Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

MY MONSTER BRUISER...........long story.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MY MONSTER BRUISER...........long story.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 10:41 AM
qkenuf4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY MONSTER BRUISER...........long story.....

hey guys/gals,
im new here. just happened onto the site looking for something else.decent site so far.
anyways, this is my recreation of a bruiser i sold a long time ago like a dummy. the one i had before i bought at a R/C swap meet in lebanon pennsylvania (thats where im from originally)
the truck was a total custom build. it had a clod body w/ a balsa cap built onto it, all gloss black. it was lifted w/ 4-link suspension,alum rims. , clod tires and a .45 GAS ENGINE w/ heli. centrifigal clutch setup. i missed the truck at the end of the day and had to call the guy who set up the show to find out who was at that table. i ended up driving 3hrs one way to south PA. to meet the guy so i could buy it (he came up from maryland to meet me)
anyways, i got it running with the help of a bud who flew R/C airplanes for a long time. it vibrated so bad that it leaned the fuel mixture out. he told me use this foam and dampen all the parts you can. i got it all foamed and never got around to trying it again. i ended up giving it to another guy who sold a bunch of stuff every sunday at a big flea market and basically sold it for a song. [&o]
so anyways fast forward to nov. 6 2001. i was in a bike accident that almost killed me and i ended up with a settlement and going back to school for something i love to do (working on motorcycle) ive always wanted another bruiser so i bought one or two once back out here in phoenix. i had a ESP lwb kit for a jugg2 that i had bought and put together but i didnt like it at all (BORING !! [X(] ) so i sold the jugg2 and started my recreation of my monster bruiser that a sadly sold. it went together way easier than i thought it would and articulates great. just have to finish it up. i need driveshafts for it and i dont think theres anything out there long enough for me. i was finally able to get a ENGLE tranny,just need to install it.
im in the process of building a 1/6 hummer like ive seen on the boards a couple times. i have the hummer/axles/shocks ready to go but i will have to build my sub-frame to support all this and still need my links for the suspension.
check out the pic i have attached.
thanks for reading.
later
lance
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31182.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	76886   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15323.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	29.7 KB