Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Any good MONSTER TRUCKS out THERE???

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Any good MONSTER TRUCKS out THERE???

Old 11-25-2003, 09:36 AM
Dr.Zzzzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good MONSTER TRUCKS out THERE???

Ive been on these forums for about a week trying to get info on purchasing a nitro MT...Heres about what Ive learned..
1.T-Maxx...overrated and breaks parts
2.Savage...over priced...no reverse
3.ThunderQuake....Dont even think about this one(but its affordable)
4.X-Factor.....Discontinuned..that should tell you something
5.Cen....Basically good truck..but parts hard to get.and no reverse
6.Terra Crusher....another discontinued...
I know that any of these or others are bullet-proof...remember they are just toys....but I never thought that there would be so much bashing ...makes it hard for a newbie to make decision..also makes one think aw hell with it and dont buy nothing..get another hobby......just thought this would be a fun thing for me and my son....
Old 11-25-2003, 09:41 AM
Dr.Zzzzz

Default RE: Any good MONSTER TRUCKS out THERE???

Meant to say are not bullet-proof....
Old 11-25-2003, 09:50 AM
SH ByA

Go to your hobby store and see what trucks they cary parts for. One thing you want to make sure of is that you can get the parts you need when you need them. Some stores cary mostly parts for the Savage or T-maxx, some will cary both. See what they have IN STOCK. then make your choice. As for what is the best. It seems that the two most popular are the Savage and the T-maxx. They both have an abundance of after market hop ups and they both are awsome trucks. I personally have a Savage and a Mammoth. But I know many friends who have the T-maxx and it is a great truck. I just preffer the Big Block trucks over a Small Block.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:13 AM
mecky33

Dr. Z, The Cen is a good truck, and with looking for a hobby for both you and your son. I would say that its a good choice. both because its inexpensive, and that it can be changed between a monster truck, stadium truck, rally car, and buggy. That way, where ever you are, and what ever you are doing, you can run something. Also, parts are not neccesarily hard to get. You just need to order a few extras so that you don't have to wait a long time to get them. E-hobbies.com has the best price on the truck and on parts right now, they also have the best shipping prices of any cen dealer. So don't rule out the Cen because parts are not at your LHS. Just buy an extra clutch, some diff cups and a set of dog bones. That should get you started on the spare parts. One other tip on the Cen, Most of the screws are #2 phillips. Use the right screw driver and you won't have a bunch of stripped screws. I am slowly replacing screws on my truck, since the kid I bought it from didn't know what he was doing. If you have any questions about the Cen, post them up. there are quite a few people on here who have the MT2 and would be more than happy to give you any assistance you need.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:23 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

#7 Ofna Domintor (no reverse)

I like mine, very durable, I race it hard and it keeps on going
Old 11-25-2003, 12:34 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

u can get a savage bb21 for $369 the sskit for 329 and the s25 for 429 so iguess thats not over priced ...and like ultimate hobbies they have free shipping
Old 11-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Jarret

On this forum you can't really ask what is a good truck because everybody on here believes that their truck is the best.

Your best bet would be to go to a track watch the trucks there. Also as mentioned go to your LHS and look for which truck parts they carry, so you can spend more time driving and less time waiting for the parts to come.

I like my maxx because I have had good luck with it. It seems like everybody else hasn't so they don't like it.

Of course I have broken a few things on it. Snapped both rear bulkheads after running into a tree. But that is all that I have broken.

And I haven't been babying it either. But there are better trucks out there. The other trucks are more durable, taller, longer and have bigger motors. But you have to remember that they are also all 1/8 scale trucks and the maxx is a 1/10 scale truck.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:02 PM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

all most forgot #8 SG storm MT
I saw one of these run last week
1 word Awesome
last weeks winner
Expert Monster truck at the 2003 N.O.R.R.C.A. Gas Nationals Race Results
Marty Korn (GS sponsered driver)
with almost stock RTR w/some mods
Old 11-25-2003, 02:26 PM
studysession

Who needs reverse?

I am taking the reverse out of my Wife's TMaxx. Bought the forward only conversion.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:38 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

Maybe you would be better off with trains or slot cars! Doesn't sound like this hobby is for you.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:13 PM
Dr.Zzzzz

Hey thx for all replys....Still havent decided which to get but these kind of suggestions should help...thx again
Old 11-25-2003, 07:19 PM
td_enterprise

If you want to get a pair of trucks for you and your son to mess around with, check out the Cen trucks. They have been getting lots of attention lately, and are starting to make a big name for themselves. I know I am looking into Cen as our next platform for a special little something we are going to bring to the public soon, hopefully before christmas. If $$$ aren't a huge concern, the MGT is about the best RTR right now, and the Savage 25 should be holding up pretty decent. Stay away from the Savage .21 RTR. They are cheap cause they have issues with weak parts.

Hands down though, CEN is the most bang for the buck. You can pick up 2 for under $600.