Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

CEN Genesis Release Date

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 09:28 PM
brandonking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN Genesis Release Date

I'm in the same boat as you webgamer!! This sucks !!!!!! Still waiting........ So it's going to be like august when the second shipment gets here??? CEN, lol THIS IS A JOKE, YOU GUYS ARE A JOKE. Wish I would have never preordered, I can't cancel it. 520 BUCKS down the drain!!!! Cen I thought you said it would be EARLY JULY when the second shipment would get here, not the 26th or end of July. Why don't you just tell us the truth that it will take another 6 months to get the genesis??? That would definetly be more realistic instead of lying to us. Early july to me means a week or two at the latest into july, so what's up???? Yeah, 500 bucks could have been used to buy a REVO. Not that I'm a traxxas fan, I hate traxxas(motors are junk). But I will bet that the revo will be released alot better than the gen and I have no problem buying a revo.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Cal-Torque

ORIGINAL: i8tweety

Allegations that CEN made a backdoor deal with RCCA is a serious charge without providing any evidence. This is called libel. Stating opinion is fine, but making "factual" statements without providing a basis is OPINION. As such, I have removed the posts in question. I will be more than happy to reinstate them IF provided ANY supporting evidence (with basis in FACT) to the claims.

i8tweety
Car Forums Moderator
Why not just re-post the thread from the CEN Racing guy him/herself where they make a statement about the distribution being a certain way because of a deal with ****? Then, people can assume what they want. Can't get much more factual than that...right from the source. Regardless, who made any "factual" statements? People were just speculating based on the information that's out there. There's nothing illegal or libellous about that.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:11 PM
ratfog2005

i never said i didnt pay 4 it. i did pay thinking i was getting revo. no one around here wants one so i am trying to unload this crapper to whoever wants it all the boys here like tmaxxs an savages so keep your mouth shut unless you going to say nice things i am not here to make enemys or be called names an i will not take it
Old 07-02-2004, 10:25 PM
UTvols

Guys I called the HobbyTown in Franklin TN today to see if I could get a couple of parts for my Genesis. As of 6:00pm (CST) they had one sitting on the shelf for $539. If you wait it call them up and get it.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:58 PM
brandonking

Didn't mean a real dumb*****. More like someone who is not interested in the genesis at all, has one in their possession without even a preorder, and I don't have mine. Not here to makes enemies either, just trying to get the truth about why I don't have mine. This is a genesis forum and if you don't like it than get out. Go to revo forums and leave us who want the gen alone.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Billsky
My Feedback: (37)

ORIGINAL: brandonking

Didn't mean a real dumb*****. More like someone who is not interested in the genesis at all, has one in their possession without even a preorder, and I don't have mine. Not here to makes enemies either, just trying to get the truth about why I don't have mine. This is a genesis forum and if you don't like it than get out. Go to revo forums and leave us who want the gen alone.
Yes,
Pretty sad that people that have one on pre-order were left out to dry while hobby shops have them in stock. Very poor management from CEN. I thought I could let this go but I can't. I just can not understand how CEN's marketing department screwed up as bad as they did.
No matter what CEN says it was a piss poor release plan!!!! And brandonking you will never find out the truth, I have been trying since the release on 25 June. CEN will just keep changing the story to send out misinformation so no one can track it to them.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:53 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: brandonking
But I will bet that the revo will be released alot better than the gen and I have no problem buying a revo.
Thats funny you should mention that. My LHS originally told me they would be receiving a HUGE order of Revos. They found out the other day, that they will be receiving an order real soon. Only problem is they are only gonna get 2 Revos. Now that is gonna raise some HELL with the Traxxas fans.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:13 AM
brandonking

Thanks BILLSKY for your understanding of my point of view. Glad to here that I'm not the only one ripping their hair out about this.[:@] Yeah, but maybe at least the Revo might make it out close to it's release date, unlike the gen that's like 7 months past due!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 01:31 AM
brandonking

Oh yeah I forgot. Went to my hobby shop to get some MGT parts, and guess what??.... A guy had a genesis there that was broke in almost all the way. Wouldn't do back flips or anything, but the power and torque is insane!!! The truck is a lot better in person. He says he hasn't had any problems with his at all. No parts breaking at idle!! He did break an a-arm where the pin goes in though. My shop already has the spare parts and everything. The suspension is actually very soft and not as stiff as it looks in the vids. So soft when I pushed it down it only came up like half an inch. When you put the spacers in it makes a big difference, so don't be mad that it looks stiff cause it isn't. It's like the racing set up you see at a track, where the a arms are level and not stuck stiff. He put a digital servo in for the steering and it turned faster than anything I've seen while it was sitting still on the ground. Just like a 1/10 touring car. A hump pack is a must though. Makes a big difference. It is easy to work on. You should see the hexes, axles, tires, and everything else on the truck, it's so massive and crazy looking!!! I can't freakin wait for the second shipment, where is it???? And where is CEN at to answer some questions, they've not posted in like a week now I think....
Old 07-04-2004, 01:14 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

yeah I know it's crazy! I saw somebody driving it at my local track, and this thing just rips when fully broken in and tuned correctly. the only thing he said he had a problem was with the large turning radius, but then again he was just using some really cheap AA's. he said he had no problems during break in at all, one thing I did notice was that the wheelies seemed like they annoyed him cause each time he went off a jump and he landed it it would flip over backwards he would pick it up and shortly afterwards on his back again seemed like you need to carfull on the throttle. also this truck is really really durable it all most seemed undestructable, this guy was beating the crap out of his and nothing broke at all. overall this truck has some really major potential and it's performance left me amazed. still saving up to get mine though not for a while[&o].
Old 07-05-2004, 12:56 PM
REVOvulation
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

yeah I know it's crazy! ... fully broken ...had a problem ... seemed like they annoyed him ...carfull on the throttle...this guy was beating the crap out of... me...[&o].
Super convincing.

I hope your CEN Genesis comes defect free. Everyone elses seem to come with ample defects and a box full of frustration. In case you missed it, you had better read RCNutz response to you. Seems like others in the forum are putting more weight in actual user reviews and opinions verses misleading online videos or third person opinions.

ORIGINAL: RCnutz

Well... here's the picture of the all plastic gears.
The truck is not worth 530 bucks pal! Wanna know why? the reciever is fruit on all of them. It can't take the 6V + power from a hump pack so it twitches around. The transmission gets super hot after running the truck and the rear shaft gets also hotter than hell. That much heat means lots of friction! and it also mean a lot less life. The pull starter had no place on this truck for the money I paid and there is no 3rd gear. The gear is there it just won't work.
Now I just found out that the throttle/brake servo is a fruit also. The truck will never pull wheelies with the engine at a standard setting. To pull a wheelie you either have to hit a bump at the right time or you have to lean it a lot to where it gets hot and shuts off.As you notice I'm not saying that the suspension is bad or that the chassis is bad.. All I am saying is tha this truck is NOT what they make it to be on CEN's site. NOT worth the money.

T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2 Yes the truck runs, I ran mine too and from the distance it seems like a great truck...untill you get your hands on it. Just because it doesn't break from a few flips doesn't mean is the king basher. And like I said it does have potential but it needs some more improvement before it will be king basher.
Most people don't pay attention to details that matter and judge on appearance. Get your hands on this truck and run it yourself and then call it King of Bashing. Maybe you'll figure out it's more like Kind of return and repair right out of the box.

I think those who have the mind set on the Genesis should go ahead and get one so they can judge for themselves.
Old 07-07-2004, 12:48 PM
CEN Racing

BrandonKing,

Next Shipment of GENESIS trucks will be arriving in the states this week.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Nitro10

]
Old 07-08-2004, 03:34 PM
CEN Racing

An official announcment will be made on our site regarding the first batch of trucks as soon as we finish with all the details etc. Thanks for your patience.

Also, for anyone who has placed a preorder with an online company we need the following from you.

It is very important that you follow these instructions. Please email [email protected] with the subject "online pre-order"

In your email give us the following info.
-who you have your pre-order with,
-your full name,
-and any pre-order # that you may have.

So that we can ensure that you will get your trucks.

Thanks.