Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Monster Trucks In Australia

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 11:49 PM
Razer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Trucks In Australia

G'day folks, I'm interested in getting a Nitro RC Car. I wast at the bmx track the other day with my electric ST and there were some guys with monster trucks. Due to the large size of the bmx track the MT's looked heaps more fun than my car. So i guess the first question is.

What are the different types of car built for; Buggies, Monster Trucks, Stadium trucks (I definately want offroad). In my city in Australia there aren't any off road tracks so the place i will run is this bmx track with really large jumps and rocks which my ST could not clear.

Secondly, if there is anyone from Australia on this forum, what trucks do you find are easily found here and also what parts are easy to get.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Vintage_Duff

Default RE: Monster Trucks In Australia

i have a savage with wasp 26 and it absolutely rocks, the worst part having a hpi product if u break a park on the car u have to wait a couple of months and thats sucks.
i bought my savage on ebay in america and it came with heaps and heaps of parts.
if u don't want to wait for parts get something made buy ofna or kyosho
KYOSHO
madforce
madarmor
Inferno MP-7.5 Kanai Edition II
OFNA
titan deluxe
hyper 7
monster pirate
dominater extreme
twin titan

i had a kyosho Inferno MP-7.5 Kanai Edition II before my savage and i only waited 2 weeks for parts it wasn't to bad.
my advice get a kyosho Inferno because it lasted for ages and the only part i need was spur gears and clutches
or a dominater extreme my friend has got one and it rocks

hope my advice helped
Old 12-01-2003, 03:59 PM
junky

hiya Razer and Hell Savage

Im from Melbourne too HS .. we use mainly bmx tracks all over the place or construction sites .. always looking at destroying our trucks .. we are slowly getting a group together .. started at 2 for each bash and we are now upto 4 .. have started a club/come shop on www.nastynitro.com so please check it out.

Yes getting stuff can be a pain in australia - if you are stuck or not sure then send us an email at [email protected] and i will see what we can get. We are in it for fun and to help out fellow aussies, i have a great job and this is an even better hobbie

My TC breaks a lot .. but slowly improving through each breakage - between the 4 of us we run 2 hyper PBS (nice solidy performers), 3 Terra Crushers (mine with the hyper 8 port), 1 Dominator and an old GVM 4wd Mercedes 1/10 scale with MT tyres and a rebuilt TC engine it goes like the clappers ....

Now HS if ya wanna email us - maybe we can all have a bash someday - we take nice hi-res pics of jumps and the action as well as proper digital footage and post on our website - so get your beast on the net !!

ooo oroooo

Junky
Old 12-01-2003, 04:11 PM
jettman

I have a friend with a OFNA MT he can't find the parts he needs to replace the broken ones. Do you have any links to places where he could look to buy OFNA parts (in english)

Also, I love my Traxxas T-maxx 2.5... I know there are alot of folks that disagree with me but, I have had very few problems with my truck other than beefing up parts that need it (steering linkage to aluminum and RPM skid plates)

Thanks,
Jettman
Old 12-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Vintage_Duff

my friend with the ofna titan he gets parts from hopperscrossing the place is called melbourne track and hobby they have a crap load of stuff their couple of tracks and stuff like that. sorry mate i not sure they have a web page.

junky how long will it take nasty-nitro to get hpi stuff im running low on parts

THANX'S