Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I want wheelies.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 02:06 PM
studysession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want wheelies.

What ELECTRIC not Nitro Stadium Truck or Monster Truck pulls the most wheelies in stock form?

Not just a quick pop up and down, but really ride it on the wheelie.

I have been looking at the stadium trucks in different magazines and figure they should do a lot of wheelies. But then again, sine they are low like a buggy they might not pop wheelies at all. I have not had an electric stadium truck or electric MT beofre, so I do not know.

if anyone has videos on electric trucks pulling wheelies, I would love to see them.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:30 PM
sk8kdi33

Default RE: I want wheelies.

I don't know of any electrics except for I think its called a will something made by tamiya. but if you want wheelies and a car that is stilluseful for other stuff look at nitro. like the Ek4 because it has a huge .70 engine, most stadium trucks won't, the shcumacher cars will, I think the kyosho mad force will to. almost any truck can be tuned and made to do wheelies with super low gearing a powerful motor and a tight slipper clutch if the car has one
Old 12-01-2003, 02:37 PM
studysession

I do not want a nitro, I want electric for this project. I have a TMaxx that pulls wheelies regularly.

I was thinking some of these stadium trucks would. But they are low to ground like a buggy so they may not. Wanting to know who has an electric that does wheelies. I seen a EMaxx with Brushless Novak system that did them everytime. But I want in stock form to do it. I am do NOT want anything Traxxas has. I have had enough with Traxxas products.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:53 PM
ThermalRD

Any stadium truck will wheelie, with the right traction, and enough power. Put a hacker on it! It WILL wheelie!!! If you get a brushless on one of those, do a review. I've been pondering the idea of a xxx-4 with a brushless on it. Im just not sure about the run time on it. I want at least 12 minutes of good run time. Oh, and btw i dont think any stadium truck in stock form will wheelie. Put a big motor on it.

Matt
Old 12-01-2003, 03:23 PM
studysession

I figure they would just spin out. Not wheelie.

I have Traxxas bandit and put a 11t in it. No matter traction wheels just sit and spin. Was playing around with different setups. Would like to see like a Losi for RC10GT electric stadium truck stock and see how they do.

Was thinking of getting the Novak Brushless system to play with. Put it in my TC3 and see if I can burn up the tires.

But as for the truck, I want one that will wheelie in stock form without hop-ups. Would prefer a stadium truck. Back when I bought the TMaxx I almost got a stadium truck instead.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:25 PM
vtl1180ny

Stadium trucks were intended not to wheelie... You'd have to jack up the back and stiffen the suspension up first, then totally lock the slipper clutch... I've had my trucks doing wheelies, nothing spectacular though...
Old 12-01-2003, 03:29 PM
studysession

What kind of trucks did you have?
Old 12-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

a st will with bigger tires and high gearing. Also you may need to jack the suspension uo some. A blackfoot will wheelie with the stock motor and msc.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:38 PM
vtl1180ny

I currently own an RC10T and RC10T4... I've gotten them to wheelie with 10 to 13 turn motors... Only with good traction on concrete though...