Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Black foot or stampede?

Old 12-01-2003, 07:24 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black foot or stampede?

What is better? The Tamiya Black foot or the Traxxas Stampede?
Old 12-01-2003, 08:38 PM
ninjaspeed

Default RE: Black foot or stampede?

well, i have no experiance with the black foot but i know the stampede is a super durable super fun jumping machine! for some shibby videos of pede's in action go to swami-rc.com
good luck!
Old 12-01-2003, 09:03 PM
**MilkMachine**

The black foot. Its bigger. BUT the stampede is smaller and more durable
Old 12-02-2003, 11:19 AM
SH ByA

I would get the Blackfoot. They are great trucks. I have owned every version so far. and they just keep getting better and better. I Love this little truck. Right now I have the King Blackfoot, its great. And The newest one is only $140.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:02 PM
Clod
My Feedback: (-1)

yes i would also go with the blackfoot there is a new version one coming called blackfoot extreme i would get this one or the king blackfoot
blackfoot extreme $135
king blackfoot $100

they will porform the same its all up to u
Old 12-02-2003, 11:02 PM
rcmtdriver2000

difference between the extreme and the king?
Old 12-03-2003, 07:18 AM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

I believe the stampede is a better choice because of aftermarket support, but the king blackfoot is a great truck to. i had to completely redesign and build the front suspension, but thats what i like about the hobby, making poor;y designed things good. Check out the site in my signature under paddlefoot. Im not sure which truck is more durable. My blackfoot has crashed to hard not to break, but then again my friends son who is 9 has one and has only broken a suspension arm so far, crashing into a curb at full speed.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:11 AM
SH ByA

As for the Diff between the King and Extreme Blackfoot. I know they redesigned the body in the new one (Extreme Blackfoot) and I think they modified the suspension as well. I know the King came with steel bearings in it and a newly re-modified body as well as better shocks, than its predecessor, so there prob isn't much diff between the trucks. But it is a great truck.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:02 AM
teamsquirreltail

ORIGINAL: **MilkMachine**

The black foot. Its bigger. BUT the stampede is smaller and more durable
Dude. They are pretty much the same size. Why post when you dont know? Go to TowerHobbies and look up the specs. The Blackfoot is like 17 inches long. Stampede is around 16.5 inches long. Same size pretty much. You couldn't tell unless you broke out the ruler.

I would get the Stampede if you are going to be bashing hard. THey are both super tough, but I've had a lot of Stampedes and they are awesome
Old 12-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Clod

no get the blackfoot much more better been backyard bashing mine (king blackfoot) for 5 years and not broke a single part!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 03:31 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

get the nitro ...its better than electric ...my bro use to have epede and it was ok
Old 12-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Isphius

ORIGINAL: SH ByA

As for the Diff between the King and Extreme Blackfoot. I know they redesigned the body in the new one (Extreme Blackfoot) and I think they modified the suspension as well. I know the King came with steel bearings in it and a newly re-modified body as well as better shocks, than its predecessor, so there prob isn't much diff between the trucks. But it is a great truck.
just a correction, the blackfoot has plastic bushings, there is no metal bearings at all. The plastic ones are not even worth thinking about, so buy bearings. The bushings last about 2 runs before the hole is bored out and chipped up by the shafts they ride on. The extreme is just the next generation.im not sure what they did though. I have the ultimate blackfoot though
Old 12-04-2003, 08:01 AM
SH ByA

ORIGINAL: Isphius

just a correction, the blackfoot has plastic bushings, there is no metal bearings at all. The plastic ones are not even worth thinking about, so buy bearings. The bushings last about 2 runs before the hole is bored out and chipped up by the shafts they ride on. The extreme is just the next generation.im not sure what they did though. I have the ultimate blackfoot though

I beg to differ, The King Blackfoot came out with a Steel Bearing set that was included in the kit. That was one of the main differences between that and the Super Blackfoot. That and the fact that they went away from the single body post on the hood and went with the more conventional 2 pins on the front hood, and they went with a fleetside body for the first time. Now they are still using the fleetside body but they have also added a neet little hoodscoop to the truck.
Old 12-05-2003, 02:30 PM
tbfastr

Default RE: Black foot or <span class=

i got nthe king and its a fast truck (with a hop up motor).i also got the nitro stampede and its on sterroids now das a fast truck!!
Old 12-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Isphius

the 2 kings i bought had plastic bushings. And the main difference i noticed between king and super, was the king ahs dog bones instaed of hex drives, and it has a conventional rear swingarm setup instead of the trailing arms on the super. The front is also "better"(still trash though)
Old 12-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Clod

why do u all rip the blackfoot it is the monstertruck that started it all off it the blackfoot was never produced the monster truck revelation wouldn't have kicked into action and there wouldn't be as many as there on the market as there is now like the t-maxx etc
Old 12-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Isphius

I love my blackfoot. Its the most fun out of all my trucks. you cant beat an over powered 2wd for fun. Anyone have info on the blackfoot extreme? its supposed to have a carbon fiber chassis and a wild dagger rear transmition/suspension
Old 12-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Isphius

ORIGINAL: terminator 3

why do u all rip the blackfoot it is the monstertruck that started it all off it the blackfoot was never produced the monster truck revelation wouldn't have kicked into action and there wouldn't be as many as there on the market as there is now like the t-maxx etc
And i thought it was the clod that did that, but i dont remember those times... i was 2 years old when the first one came out
Old 12-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Savage_Dias

One of my friends had the original Blackfoot & he couldn't drive for crap. It was a nice truck tho. I had a Stampede & wish I never would've sold it. It would be hard to go wrong with either one IMO.

To all you Blackfoot owers out there.... Was my friend just a REALLY bad driver or do you also go through steering servos more often than you go through radio batteries? Seems like he'd bust at least one a month!
Old 12-22-2003, 08:07 AM
Clod

the blackfoot jus totally rulez
Old 12-22-2003, 08:11 AM
SH ByA

I think he was a bad driver. I had mine for years and never lost a servo, I burned up plenty of motors by never giviing them a break. Its a great truck, I sold mine a few years ago, and miss it a lot.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Isphius

This is a really old post.....lol. But this has to be said. I bought my blackfoot before i even had my license in 2002. Ive been through 7 real cars already. I just broke my blackfoot for the FIRST TIME EVER. I dropped it down the stairs, and busted the rear wheel drive axle clean off. That is 5 years of abuse that ttruck took, crashing, bashing, jumps, offroad, mud, water, etc and it just now broke and i wasnt even driving it. It was riding comfortably on the LSD I made, A team orion motor, Mtroniks waterproof esc, 2400mah packs, and a waterproof futaba servo. Also. the strut front end i finanly got perfect, something i designed at 14, And i have yet to see another one lol. It is a huge improvement in handling, offroad and onroad style. This truck was finally unstopable and i broke it being a clutz!