Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

TXT-1 rock crawler?

Old 12-14-2003, 11:24 PM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TXT-1 rock crawler?

im thinking about getting one of these trucks and i want to know some information on them? what else do i need to buy for it to run it since it is a kit. i think it requires a 2 channel radio? is it possible to just switch the frequncy in my t-maxx radio controller to the same as the txt-1 and use it? it is a 3-channel radio but the extra reverse shifter wont affect anything right? and also how many speeds is it it does not really matter but how many any ways and what is the wheel travel? what is a good battery and charger setup that wont mess up the batteries? i have a cheap 15 min charger for my t-maxx ez-start batteries will that work or will it make the batteries worse everytime i charge them? help me out here guys thanks alot
Old 12-15-2003, 01:07 AM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

Default RE: TXT-1 rock crawler?

can anyone help me here? what about the radio thing will i be able to use my maxx radio on the txt-1?
Old 12-15-2003, 06:54 AM
Element

for a txt you will need a radio(witch you already ahve just make shure the shifting feature is dissabled),a reciever,esc,batterys(get 4 so you always have extras,peak charger,motors(2).To get a good setup i would say it will cost about $500 for everything(including the kit)
Old 12-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Isphius
My Feedback: (1)

Mitch, the txt doesnt come with a reciver or servos. You wont need to change the frequency, you just put the maxx reciver in the TXT. And just dont put any servo in the channel 3 slot(reverse slot),and it wont affect anything. Or you could just buy a cheap 2 channel, you dont need that good of a radio for electric. Theres not as much interference as with nitro, and a rock crawler is never going to get that far from you anyway.