Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Need Help, Looking For Aluminum Rims

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Need Help, Looking For Aluminum Rims

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 07:36 AM
SH ByA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help, Looking For Aluminum Rims

Like the Subject says, I'm looking for Aluminum Rims for my Savage and Mammoth. Anyone know of any web sites that I can check out to see what they got and how much? Any help is greatly appreciated. [8D]
Old 12-18-2003, 10:47 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Need Help, Looking For Aluminum Rims

www.ramtech-rc.com tell him the badboy sent ya...your better off with alumnium ones rather than hb or proline ones they all strips
Old 12-18-2003, 12:17 PM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

I have had plastic rims strip and aluminum bend I prefer to have stripped plastic than bent aluminum those bent aluminum ones are expensive but they still look good sitting still
Old 12-18-2003, 12:50 PM
SH ByA

I have stripped many RPM rims, enough to buy a set or two of aluminum. Right now I have a set of the MSJ Gladiators. They are great. I love the fact that they are 2 part rims. But I need to get another set. I'm looking for other places to check out the styles and prices.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:47 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

I won't throw MORE wood on the "how in the world can Savage let this problem exist?" fire, but isn't there SOME way to move away from the T-Maxx hex-hubs to something beefier? Are there ANY MT tire/rim/hub setups that do NOT use the Maxx std.?

Do the OFNA, MGT, TRX, Mammoth and other big trucks use the same setup? Do they also have a stripping problem, as they are also heavy & powerful like the Savages & I would think would do the same thing?

It seems that the desire to have SOME Maxx-compatibility is causing problems as the mfgs. continue to add power & weight to their trucks over the years.

Dean
Old 12-18-2003, 02:40 PM
SH ByA

The Mammoth has a different type of hub. The Savage and T-maxx wheels will not fit onto it without modification. As to their durrability, I dont know yet. But I'll let you know if I start to have problems.