Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

1st hand opinions on the mammoth?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

1st hand opinions on the mammoth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 06:36 PM
icyunvmyrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st hand opinions on the mammoth?

Im thinkin about gettin an xtm mammoth, I just wanted to hear peoples first hand expieirience. First i decided it was time for a monster truck. I chose the mammoth of all others because of its ride height most of all, I think it will be more controllable also. Just curious as to other opinions on the subject.. Also i havent found but a few hop ups for the mammoth so next question is about aftermarket parts, is it just too new to have people backing it with parts? Leave a reply if you know anything about it!!
Old 12-20-2003, 07:42 PM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1st hand opinions on the mammoth?

There's no question you will have plenty of power with the 24.7. You can get the same ride height out of any Monster Truck so I wouldn't let that be a deciding factor. IMO the truck highly resembles a vehicle worthy of the "Truggy" name. There's just no MT design to be found in this truck. But, as truggies go, this may be a fun handling ride. It's transmission is a step back in today's technology but I'd like to hear some war stories before I add one to the line-up. Because it is still very new, yes, aftermarket parts will be scarce. Keep in mind, XTM is still rather small and customer support won't be anything like Traxxas, HPI, AE, etc.
Old 12-20-2003, 09:30 PM
popa71

Now someone who actually owns a Mammoth can give you some information.This truck is far from a truggy. The support from XTM is excellent. It includes a 175 oz servo, 8 treaded shocks, 3 disc brakes, a tuned aluminum pipe, throttle return spring and a kick tail engine. RCA just tested it and clocked it at 52 MPH. The truck is fast durable and is an all out racer. The only weak point on the truck is the shock towers and they already have a heavy duty set on the market. Compared to most other trucks on the market that is considered A+. Lets not forget the Savages problems when it released( weak dogbones, overheating issues with the gas tank, transmission problems and wheel hexes). XTM has the greatest support for for a MT I have ever seen in the first month on the shelf they have already released nearly thirty HOP UPs for this truck. There is not one company that gave that much support for a product that close to the release!!!!!!!!! The truck is very fast and a great handling MT. It also has a ton of power on the low end side.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:27 PM
icyunvmyrc

Thanks for the info peeps, seems like xtm put this thing out in full force. I just got into rc's myself but I think i can spot a good company when i see one, xtm looks like theyll be the next true contender in the r/c world. Then again im just a new-b so i cant say for sure. Anyways thanks for the help and Ill be getting the mammoth around the beginning of january. Ill post again after ive had it for a few weeks just to state my opinion about it. Thanks
Old 12-21-2003, 02:05 AM
godlyone

ORIGINAL: popa71

Now someone who actually owns a Mammoth can give you some information.This truck is far from a truggy.
It's a pan racer with buggy shock towers. It's as close to a Truggy as it gets! Regardless if it's a Kick @$$ truck. You can't change the definition of Monster Trucks half way through the game.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:15 AM
Plum Crazy
My Feedback: (5)

I love mine It's very fast handles well and it being a truggy means you can use a starter box. This truck is XTM's best yet and it compare's well with all the new one's on the market. I'm very very happy to own one and the starter box makes it great since you dont have to depend on a one way bearing. Mine started on the first half second of turning it over.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73018.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	84139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up46733.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	84140  
Old 12-21-2003, 11:24 AM
icyunvmyrc

Dude are those all your rc cars? It'd be bad-ass owning all those but a pain in the ass to keep em going it seems like.. Its a sweet picture
Old 12-21-2003, 11:51 AM
Plum Crazy

Yea their all mine. I'm disabled so it's something to keep Me going. But it's great to be able to compare first hand with out ego's in the way. keeping up on them doesn't seem so bad it's modifying them that's tough. I search e bay for parts most every day.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:54 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

is it sad that i can look at each truck and know what it is....
Old 12-21-2003, 01:32 PM
icyunvmyrc

Well hell i cant wait till im disabled lol!!! Ill prolly end up with that many one day, every time i see a good deal on ebay or somewhere else i feel compelled to buy it. Its takin all of my self control not to do that lol....
Old 12-21-2003, 01:58 PM
R/C car guy

has anyone had any problems with the mammoth so far? all i have heard are good things about it and i keep getting closer and closer to buying on instead of a dominater. since i'm looking for a truggy the mammoth seems really awsome.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Plum Crazy

The Mammoth is a great truck it has a lot better suspension than a Pirate and My Pirate has most of the Dominator mods. But it is bigger a lot bigger so it may not turn as sharp as a Dominator but it turns well and it's cheaper to with a more powerful engine plus you can use a starter box on either of them.
Old 12-21-2003, 03:56 PM
icyunvmyrc

Whats xtm's website? I think i saw it on the mammoth box before when i was at my lhs But i cant find it!! anyone know what it is? I think it was like xtmracing.com
Old 12-21-2003, 04:52 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

I'm confused on the usage of a starter box. Last month I emailed XTM and they told me I couldn't use one. Based on that information I ordered something else. Has anyone actually used a box? If so, what one.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:32 PM
popa71

Heres the site[link]http://xtm.globalhobby.com[/link]
Old 12-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Plum Crazy

That picture up there is where it's sitting on my starter box and I had to adjust the boxes little alignment pegs but it works GREAT!!!
Old 12-22-2003, 08:00 AM
SH ByA

Who gives a crap if its a Truggy or not. If its a fun truck to play with thats all that matters. I dont care if a MT is a truggy or not, as long as its fun. Why try to pick a reason to start a flame war. who cares. The Mammoth is a blast to play with, and it has good customer support, as well as a great motor in the truck. So stick with the heart of the thread and stop picking things appart. The guy just wants to know if its a good truck. Answer the question.

IMO its a great truck. Its a blast to have the speed there when you want it, as well as the ability to come off the line with all the other BB trucks out there and still be a contender at the end of the race. I love the truck and i love the handeling and performance of it.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:34 AM
olds97_lss

http://www.hobbypeople.net/

This place carries a lot of xtm parts. Their search kind of sucks, but the prices are pretty good. I have an xtm converted maxx and this is where i go to keep it in tiptop shape.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:49 PM
godlyone

ORIGINAL: SH ByA

Who gives a crap if its a Truggy or not. If its a fun truck to play with thats all that matters. I dont care if a MT is a truggy or not, as long as its fun. Why try to pick a reason to start a flame war. who cares. The Mammoth is a blast to play with, and it has good customer support, as well as a great motor in the truck. So stick with the heart of the thread and stop picking things appart. The guy just wants to know if its a good truck. Answer the question.
Pull your head out. He asked for input on a vehicle he knew little about. He thought it was cool because it sat lower than other MT's. I told him why that was. Again, pull your head out. You're the one trying to flame and nobody wants to hear from people like you.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:47 AM
popa71

Sh BYa isnt trying to flame in my opinion. But it does look like you are going in that direction Goglyone. We both have Mammoths and you do not. If you read the post it asks for first hand advise. Being as though you dont have one and your post has a lot of speculation in it, I would say you should have sat this one out. He was only trying to give first hand info on the truck!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 12:48 AM
popa71

Sorry for the misspelling of your name!
Old 12-23-2003, 12:58 AM
godlyone

I'm not seeing anyplace where I started a flame?

I don't even see anyplace where I trashed on the Mammoth?

The only place I see trashing going is SH ByA trashing on me for explaining some important details. What the hell is that all about?

C'mon, did I really say that Truggies suck or something?

I may not own a Mammoth, or own one yet, but I am highly fluent in XTM products.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:04 AM
popa71

I think you are probably making this more than what it is !!!!! Take a look at your post though, if you are that fluent in XTM product why were you unaware that the support is actually good. And also you were not aware of the large amount of Hop ups they have already released for this truck. Im not trying to discredit you but the guy did ask for first hand experience and your post has some guess work in it.

Its no reason to get upset.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:10 AM
godlyone

I have 4 hobby shops within 20 miles driving distance and not one of them has parts for any XTM, I have to order all of my parts online. Is your LHS different, if so, that must be nice.

In regards to support, I can go to the Traxxas or HPI site or virtually any place online and get good support. XTM doesn't have this yet. If that's not helpful to know than maybe I should have mentioned that my shirt is blue?
Old 12-23-2003, 01:16 AM
popa71

Do you really have to resort to comments outside of Rc !!!!! 1st hand opinions on the Mammoth thats what the thread reads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.