Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

whats the difference between picco p3 26 and just hthe plain picco26

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

whats the difference between picco p3 26 and just hthe plain picco26

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 01:49 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the difference between picco p3 26 and just hthe plain picco26

are there any difference aside from the p3 have a blue head while the first edition picco26 have purple ?
Old 12-22-2003, 06:31 AM
crzy-svg-usr

Default RE: whats the difference between picco p3 26 and just hthe plain picco26

yes there is a diff of .5 hp and like 100 bucks
Old 12-22-2003, 01:43 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: whats the difference between picco p3 26 and just hthe plain picco26

p3 is .5hp more than the old picco26?
Old 12-22-2003, 02:20 PM
td_enterprise

Not quite sure what engines you are specifically referring, but Picco has one .26 engine right now, pullstart or non-pullstart versions.

Team Orion uses it and calls it the wasp, comes with a silver head.
Ofna Racing uses it and it has a purple head.
Picco themselves market the blue head one, which are very scarce.

Ofna dominates the picco imports due to the volume they sell in. All three motors are .26, rated at 2.7hp, 37,000 rpm, ect. The biggest difference is the cooling head, and the availability. Ofna's are far more readily available most of the time.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:53 PM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

Ok, I was looking into this

The p3 Picco one with a blue head has 2.9 hp with 33,000 RPM max... (which is kind of low but a big higher HP)

The Ofna Picco one which is a purple head has 2.7 hp with 37,000 RPM max (which has a little less HP but higher RPMS)

The P3 Blue headed picco is on ebay for about the same price as the Ofna Picco one.

some people call it the "true" picco or other things
Old 12-22-2003, 03:14 PM
td_enterprise

HP and RPM ratings are general and literally mean nothing. The "true picco" as you put it isn't any different. It's just like Nova Rossi making engines for Collari and RB Concepts. Picco sells their own line of engines through Paris Racing and Werks racing. Ofna imports them under Ofna as does Team Orion under their name. I highly doubt there would be any different specs on the engines at all due to the mass production.

If you look around enough, there are different vendors on the internet advertising the exact same engines, with different specs. I know that the Ofna Hyper series always had a ton of controversy over this.

The biggest thing to keep into consideration when looking at any of these .26 engines, is that they will all rip the hell out of whatever you put them in. They are truly awesome.

After running one in my MGT, I would vouge that 37,000 rpm is more likely than 33,000. These things scream at a much higher rpm than you would expect out of a large engine.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:21 PM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

I wasn't saying one is the better or worse... Ofna has a tendency to stretch their engine specs a little. They look exactly the same, just badged different and color wise.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:31 PM
rcblaze

The P3 he is talking about is being sold under werks. And the specs they give are a bit different then the picco.26 with the purple head.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:53 PM
petrolpixie

i have the one with the blue head in my savage. this engine is one mean mutha too!!!! [8D]
i agre with the "true" picco statement too cos the motor isnt made "for" anyone. the only piccos that you can get here in australia are the ones with the blue head anyway