Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

2 new forums added today! Dedicated HPI Savage & T-Maxx forums!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

2 new forums added today! Dedicated HPI Savage & T-Maxx forums!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 05:12 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 new forums added today! Dedicated HPI Savage & T-Maxx forums!

We just added 2 dedicated forums for you monster truck fans. HPI Savage and Traxxas T-Maxx now each have their own separate forum. If you use the "MyForums" feature you MUST go into your settings to add these 2 new forums otherwise you will not see them appear in the list unless you choose "All Forums" from the drop down menu on the main nav header. Best thing to do is check your MyForums selections in the settings area to make sure you have all the forums you want!

Enjoy!
Old 12-24-2003, 09:48 PM
godlyone

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2 new forums added today! Dedicated HPI Savage & T-Maxx forums!

Hi Mark,

I too would like to see RCU become the largest RC site as you quoted in a recent posting. I know your schedule is likely rolling right along but I had to ask you about the segregated MT forums.

Why were the Traxxas and HPI forums not modified into "Sub-forums" of the Monster Truck Forum? My only comment is that it now makes the "RC Cars" section appear unorganized and further away from any meaningful order. Additionally, for future ease of expansion, a seperate car (electric/nitro) and a seperate truck (electric/nitro) section should make navigation much easier on the user as well as make for a cleaner appearance. I know X-Mas typically brings many new students and it can be pretty overwhelming for many of them to view a Forum Section page as large as RCU's and not be intimidated. The chances are always good that they may come across 2 or 3 different forum sites in their initial search and end up becoming loyal to the one they can easiest relate to. I have seen "too-big-too-fast" hurt many people and I'd hate to see that happen to RCU.

Just my .02, spend it or throw it in the dish.

I'm a moderator from a much smaller family-oriented RC site(that hasn't been all that busy lately) and I also advertise here on RCU so if there's anything I can do to help I will always do what I can. Thanks for your time and Merry Christmas!

Later.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:58 PM
Element

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya i would also liek it if they were sub forums instead.Does give it a cleaner look like the old nitro car forums.
Old 12-25-2003, 05:44 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: godlyone

Hi Mark,

I too would like to see RCU become the largest RC site as you quoted in a recent posting. I know your schedule is likely rolling right along but I had to ask you about the segregated MT forums.

Why were the Traxxas and HPI forums not modified into "Sub-forums" of the Monster Truck Forum? My only comment is that it now makes the "RC Cars" section appear unorganized and further away from any meaningful order. Additionally, for future ease of expansion, a seperate car (electric/nitro) and a seperate truck (electric/nitro) section should make navigation much easier on the user as well as make for a cleaner appearance. I know X-Mas typically brings many new students and it can be pretty overwhelming for many of them to view a Forum Section page as large as RCU's and not be intimidated. The chances are always good that they may come across 2 or 3 different forum sites in their initial search and end up becoming loyal to the one they can easiest relate to. I have seen "too-big-too-fast" hurt many people and I'd hate to see that happen to RCU.

Just my .02, spend it or throw it in the dish.

I'm a moderator from a much smaller family-oriented RC site(that hasn't been all that busy lately) and I also advertise here on RCU so if there's anything I can do to help I will always do what I can. Thanks for your time and Merry Christmas!

Later.
It seems everybody who DOESNT post in the electric forum seems to think its a great idea to split it up... this is getting rather annoying, If you don't post there, don't suggest ideas. The Electric forum is far to dead to even think about splitting up. As for the HPI/Traxxas thing, fine, but personally I think all this splitting up is going to kill the forums somewhat.
Old 12-25-2003, 07:32 AM
studysession

PLEASE do NOT do sub forums. I hate how everything just gets posted everywhere then like how the previous car forum was. Now it is better since there is no sub-forums in the car sections.
Old 12-25-2003, 09:31 AM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: studysession

PLEASE do NOT do sub forums. I hate how everything just gets posted everywhere then like how the previous car forum was. Now it is better since there is no sub-forums in the car sections.

what do we know study, we RARELY post here and all
Old 12-25-2003, 03:54 PM
packerfan3001
My Feedback: (1)

please dont split them thats just takes more evert do go there 1 *major* monster truck fourm iswayyyy better.......JMO
Old 12-25-2003, 04:01 PM
Savage_Dias

I like the idea of sub forums. It would clean it up a bit.
Old 12-25-2003, 04:46 PM
studysession

When the car forum had sub forums - I hated. Things were more of a mess. I like it how it is now.