Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Truckzilla questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 03:13 AM
icyunvmyrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truckzilla questions

I need some help in makin my decision. I either want to get an xtm mammoth or get a savage right now and wait a month or 2 and get the truckzilla upgrade. Price isnt really the issue, i just wanna wanna know what people think of the truckzilla. Ive searched and searched for what is actually required from the savage to put onto the truckzilla to make it run.. Is it just servos and radio? Links to information about it would be cool too.
Old 12-25-2003, 03:41 AM
Infinite Gundam

Default RE: Truckzilla questions

[link=http://www.rcmodels.com/hbs55300.html]Try this link[/link].
Old 12-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Avalanche

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: icyunvmyrc

I need some help in makin my decision. I either want to get an xtm mammoth or get a savage right now and wait a month or 2 and get the truckzilla upgrade. Price isnt really the issue, i just wanna wanna know what people think of the truckzilla. Ive searched and searched for what is actually required from the savage to put onto the truckzilla to make it run.. Is it just servos and radio? Links to information about it would be cool too.

A Savage with a decent Picco .26 or Sirio .27 will be alot more usable and practical than the "Truckzilla" kit.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:11 PM
icyunvmyrc

seems like all you need is servos. radio and receiver to make it run. If thats true i wouldnt want to strip a savage of all that, id just find some servos for it off ebay. I hear the engine has 4.8hp but only turns out 20,000 or so rpm, i guess some better gearing would compensate for that.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:46 PM
ThermalRD

You couldnt be more wrong. You need the trans, the front end, the rear end, the radio box and radio equipment. The entire suspension setup, including arms, and body posts, and all that as well. You get an extended shaft, HD bones, chassis, motor mount, header, pipe, motor, complete clutch setup, with the truckzilla. So buy the savage, then the truckzilla kit, then sell the savage stuff you arent using.

Matt
ORIGINAL: icyunvmyrc

seems like all you need is servos. radio and receiver to make it run. If thats true i wouldnt want to strip a savage of all that, id just find some servos for it off ebay. I hear the engine has 4.8hp but only turns out 20,000 or so rpm, i guess some better gearing would compensate for that.