Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen MT2 Styling

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 02:01 PM
Element

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen MT2 Styling

Hello,I have a few questions about wheels,tires,body, and shocks.
1)What size wheels does the MT2 use will tmaxx rims work?
2)Are the MT2 wheels 2.2?they look bigger thn my evaders but im not shure
3)I want to buy the tmaxx land cruiser body but im afriad the wheels will look squished with a larger body(or is the tmaxx about the same size?)
4)What is a good shock to use on the MT2 i want to make it ride higher so it looks like a MT instead of a ST with MT tires.

Sorry for all the questions but i need help
Old 12-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Default RE: Cen MT2 Styling

Well element, I can answer two questions

1. I am not sure what size wheels the MT-2 takes, but I am almost positive that T-maxx wheels wont work

4. A great set of shocks for the MT-2 that will not only sit in higher but alow the truck to ride better are Integy shocks.
Im sure if you look around, you can find them online. Hecl maby even your lhs will carry them.

If you want you truck to sit higher without changing the shocks, then adjust the suspention. You will notice that it has holes to move the shocks up or down to you liking.

Glad to help,
Tony
Old 12-30-2003, 03:44 PM
ThermalRD

Guys, im guessing those wheels for the CEN mt2 are 2.2 size wheels with over size tires. If you want that similar size tire, id be willing to bet you are looking for the old Blackfoot size tires, or the Stampeded size tires as well. Keep looking, im sure you'll find something.

Matt
Old 12-30-2003, 05:52 PM
Element

thanks guys any more info anyone else can would be great.

I took the shocks off my evader (stock ones) and put them on my mt the rear are a bit to long is it alright if i put them on any ways or is it bad for them to be compressed all the time?I already set the stock MT2 shocks to the highest setting but it still look like a st.I would buy the Integy shocks but there $120 and i would rather have the stadium look than have that much out of my wallet

Edit:Also larger shocks wont cut on speed a performance will it?Im not a big time racer but do race at the track ounce in awhile.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Hey Element (do you have a real name?),

The integy shocks are not the only shocks that will fit on the MT-2 and let it sit higher. Do a little research about the truck and find out what will fit and what wont.

Yes the larger the shock, the slower the truck will be. But lets get practical, we are talking about fraction apon fraction of speed that is reduced.

But element, you couldnt figure that out on your own? Hight = Drag = Less speed

If you have anymore questions, pm me.

Glad to help,
Tony
Old 12-30-2003, 06:32 PM
auto2

http://monster****rum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=93
Old 12-30-2003, 07:49 PM
mecky33

The stock wheels on an MT2 are 2.2's with oversized tires. T-maxx will fit with an adapter. You can get the adapter here.
http://www.renegaderc.com/shop.mv?Sc...t_Code=RCP1002

The T-maxx bodies will fit the MT2, that body on my truck in the pic under my name is an F-350 body for the T-maxx. As far as shocks, integy makes great shocks, you just need to talk to them about ordering four. Also, four shocks will be much less than $120. They are a big improvement in looks, but since they will make the truck sit much higher you will sacrafice some high speed handling. This can be fixed with shorter springs though.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:54 PM
Element

Thanks for the link

My name is Greg

I know the shocks arent the only ones that would work, i just thought i would try the evader shocks since i had a set hanging around but i didnt know if they would damage the shock by being compressed a bit 24/7. I proball could ahve figured it out but what i meant was real speed not like .5 mph.Thanks for your help i will send you a pm
Old 12-31-2003, 02:15 PM
Element

anything else?