Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Whats your next truck gonna be???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Whats your next truck gonna be???

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2004, 02:34 PM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your next truck gonna be???

Well, as usual, im always thinking of whats next. My savage only needs a few more unreleased HCR parts, and my MGT will obviously remain stock until the AE hop ups come out. I have thought about the Dominator, or the Twin titan, but ofna always gets left out of the aftermarket support. Im thinking about a modified maxx, but if i do that, then i may as well build it from the ground up. That TTR EK4 .70 is a cool idea, but im afraid the newer .27's, and the new OS motors will perform just as well. Then i would be left with a .70 truck, that isnt soo special anymore. The new CEN, and Losi trucks are always on my mind as well. And of course i like that manual shift on the DD. Any ideas? Or i could just put a few of the upcoming OS motors on my current rides, and wait til that Losi hits the shelves.

Matt
Old 01-01-2004, 02:45 PM
wedjim

Default RE: Whats your next truck gonna be???

My preference for my nect monster will be an 1/8th scale based conversion, with T maxx suspension, or at least wheel hubs, to use popular wheels and tires. This way it'll start on a starter box, rather then lawn mower style and still have alot of choices for aftermarket support, etc. . I'm thinking, for a rcaer at least, the Dominator with T maxx conversion parts from Proline would be best right now......Maybe, Jim
Old 01-01-2004, 03:36 PM
ThermalRD

Ya, i've thought about that same project. Doing the Dom with the proline builks. If i ever do a truggy, thats the way im going. I also like the idea of using bumpstart on that truck. OS RZ!!! Im still not sure though. Im a little bit interested in that new small block thunder tiger truck. We'll see. I really want Losi to spill the beans, and let us know what they've got in the works. They are too hush hush about that MT. That twin titan is still a thought...But again, Ofna has no after market.

Matt
Old 01-01-2004, 03:55 PM
kennebell50

A highly modified EK4 that is taller, longer, and wider than stock. Also it will more supension travel and stronger parts so I can abuse it without fail. My main focus of it is to be a hillclimber. The higher revving smaller engines don't hold a candle to it in hill climbing.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:57 PM
ThermalRD

I hear ya. Everytime i see that EK4 i start thinking about hookin one up with all MSJ alloy, and some MSJ wheels. Im just gonna toss ideas around til something gets stuck in my mind. Then i'll start another truck.

ORIGINAL: newtoheli

A highly modified EK4 that is taller, longer, and wider than stock. Also it will more supension travel and stronger parts so I can abuse it without fail. My main focus of it is to be a hillclimber. The higher revving smaller engines don't hold a candle to it in hill climbing.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:42 PM
diirtbag
My Feedback: (3)

my current project is a maxx I have made a set of 16.5" bottom braces so I can fit quarter scale bodies on it and have a set of jumbo kongs to put on it not sure of the power plant yet
Old 01-01-2004, 08:51 PM
remten2001

I am getting a savage 25 rtr next week but next on my list is the tamiya TNX then i want the fona 9.5 violator buggy....
Old 01-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Dr. Krass

my next truck will probably be a Savage SS.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:37 AM
SH ByA

Mine will prob be the Genesis. We'll have to see. I dont know if I want another truck yet or not. I know I'll get one I'm just not sure when. [8D]