Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 2.5? Help me out...

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 2.5? Help me out...

Old 01-08-2004, 10:58 AM
GreekTTCharlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 2.5? Help me out...

What's up.

Trying to decide on my first Nitro R/C...

Leaning toward the T-Maxx, but I also like the Savage. What are the pros and cons of both trucks? Why would one be better than the other, and vice versa?

I know the Savage is a couple inches longer and a little bigger (and looks a little cooler, IMO), but from what I've read, the T-Maxx looks like a better truck.

Help me out fellas.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:17 AM
bbentley40

Default RE: T-Maxx 2.5 or Savage 2.5? Help me out...

You just opened the can of worms.. here comes the chaos.. lol.

I personally own a Savage so my opinion would be bias toward it. With that said I would not rule out the Monster GT just yet. From everything I have seen so far that is a pretty damn sweet truck. I still love my savage but if I had it to do over again I would have really think about it or the MGT. In my mind the Tmaxx would never has a chance.. when it comes to monster truck I want 1/8th scale.

This has strictly been my opinion.. for those who feel they must flame everyone who does not think like them they need to get over it.
Old 01-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Bupkus

Well I own a T-Maxx and just purchased a Savage 25. For me it was between the Savage and the MGT. It all got down to nitpicking between the two but I based my final purchase on what the trucks looked like. I just like the way the Savaged looked. The MGT was just a larger beter made T-Maxx. One thing for me about the T-Maxx was the cheapness of the plastic and screws. But for me the T-Maxx was pretty durable, when something broke it was very cheap and easy to fix. I will be breaking in my new Savage this weekend, but just looking at the two, the Savage just looks of higher quality and design.

On a side note....That #$!*&@ battery/receiver was a pain at first. But once I figured it out I can change a battery in about two minutes. Funny part was my dog grabbed the cover off the coffee table while I was outside and used it as a chew toy.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:43 AM
MitchT/Emaxx1989

i would strongly suggest either trucks. i have had both trucks so what i am about to say will be my experiences not biassed opinoins. i have had a t-maxx and it was good stock but i wanted to make it better. i have loads of money into it and i have never broken one single stock part except for a stock rear bulkhead which i broke yesturday attemting a double backflip. the savage is way better than the t-maxx stock but i got rid of the savage because i had to get rid of one truck because i needed money and my t-maxx was already the way i wanted it the savage had a long way to go. remember the way i want my truck may be different then the way you may want yours to be. if i had no truck and had to choose one now it would be the savage easily. but if i wanted to upgrade the truck heavily i would deffinetly choose the t-maxx. its all a matter of opinion if you want a good stock truck get the savage but if you want to heavily upgrade it the t-maxx is a better choice dont listen to all this crap about bad drivelines and other parts. they truck wasnt made to handle the bigger engines it says so in the manual and movie that comes with it. it says that any modifications to make the t-maxx faster may cause breakage to drivelines and other parts. so dont complain when you throw a fantom .18 in your maxx and you twist a driveline in half. it wasnt made for it. but it does have huge potential to be anything you want it to be if of course you have the extra cash laying around
Old 01-14-2004, 12:20 AM
yamahamoto22

i got the tmaxx for Christmas and i think it is a really good truck...i really like the savage too...i have never had it but from everything ive herd about it, its really good also, plus it comes with more alum. parts than the maxx...what ever you chose you will be happy with it
Old 01-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

I have the T-Maxx and like it very much,runs great,I was going to buy a Savage yesterday at the Hobby shop but got to looking at the MGT.We put the Savage and the Mgt side by side(out of the Boxes)after looking very close at both I got the MGT,More metal parts and very well built.The resident Rc guy at the store has eight trucks and said I would be happy with the MGT,I am sure that the Savage is a great truck but nothing to go fanatical over,I am sure that I will hear something about how wrong I am but I am use to that from the Chevy fanatics because I drive a Ford,Savage fanatics are the same way.The way I see it people make their own choice and that is what they want who should say if they are right or wrong?Just my two cents worth.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-14-2004, 03:39 PM
diveriter

While I am BRAND NEW to the Nitro R/C world, I am buying my 1st Nitro truck Friday. I have been looking & reading now for like 6 weeks. I have a LHS that has 2 locations. They gave 2 different recommendations. 1 said T-maxx the other Savage. I lucked out though. Either way it was going to be well over $500 for either truck & accessories. The guy @ the LHS that recommended the T-maxx had his race buddy that is selling his T-maxx. The only things NOT changed over to AL. or Ti, are the F/R bulkheads, pumpins & the trans case. He's including stick radio/receiver, upgraded metal servos, batteries, chargers & 3 bodies for the same $500. Even all 8 shocks are the piggyback shocks. The motor is a brand new/never cranked 2.5 w/a larger head. From what I have read this is a really good buy. I haven't seen another set up like this, this cheap before. The other main reason I didn't go w/the Savage was parts & part availability. I went to 6 different LHS here & none of them had enough parts (even OEM replacement) for the Savage. I looked for T-maxx parts & they had just BOAT loads of OEM & AM. That's my reason for my choice. We'll see come Sat morning.