yamahamoto22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crash stories

post crash stories here
Old 01-13-2004, 09:15 PM
kennebell50

Default RE: crash stories

My reciever pack went dead on my Kanai 2 and ran into a tree at 45 MPH. I felt so helpless just watching screem down the rode and right into that tree. luckily it bounced off of it just right and didn't break anything.
Old 01-13-2004, 09:59 PM
CrashKid

I was breaking in my T-Maxx and I was at the full throttle part, I hit the brakes and tried to turn but nothing happened. It turned a corner, went down the street about 20 yards, did a donut and turned around and right into a ditch. Luckily nothing broke....[X(]
Old 01-13-2004, 10:33 PM
ZeroGravity
My Feedback: (2)

Just got done breaking in a Savage .25. First day out with it, decided to get some "air" with it. Jumped a 3 foot dirt pile with it with wide open throttle in second gear. The truck got about 10-12 ft of air and started to over rotate, I tried to tap the brakes to get the front back down but it was too late and it landed flat on its back, rolled end over end about 10 times and ended back up on the wheels. I blipped the throttle and the engine screamed but the Savage wouldn't move. Although there was nothing but grass where the truck landed, somehow I managed to bend the motor plate and the support bars and crack the engine case down by the mounting tabs! If the Savage has a weak point, this is it! The engine due to the head sticking out pretty high is vulnerable to damage on rough landings....[]
Old 01-13-2004, 10:58 PM
mrjason82

I have two...first one I was driving my Cen MT2 with all my uncles standing around and something got my frequency and took the truck full throttle into my uncles Blazer...just hit his wheel but my wheel took off and flew down the sewer.

Other one is...I got a nitro rustler with the pro 15 used and I was driving in a college parking lot at about 3 in the morning, something got my frequency again and it took off, straight into a flat curb, flipped over the curb and landed back end into the grass, this slightly used rustler has a exhaust on it that comes out the back and that was plugged up with about 1/2 inch of dirt, but the fuel pressure line blew out and the thing was still going, I FINALLY caught up to it, like an 1/8 of a mile away just before it would've plowed into another curb. amazingly enough, NOTHING was broken on it.

I no longer use AM radios...I don't have very good luck with them at all
Old 01-14-2004, 10:15 AM
teamsquirreltail

You are right. I gave up on AM systems a loooong time ago. It's a night and day difference between AM and FM systems.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:04 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy and I were driving our tmaxx's in the church parking lot behind his house. The parking lot was lower than the building, and there was a 5-foot tall steep "ramp" of ground connecting the parking lot to the church yard, with railroad ties keeping the ground from washing into the parking lot. there was about a 3-foot gap in between ties, and we were doing full speed launches through them. His truck got a little out of control, and SMACK, 40+ mph into a railroad tie, head on. The truck was like a wet noodle when he picked it up, almost everything was broke. It didn't bounce back or anything, just stopped dead on impact, leaving bumper and tire dents in the wood.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:38 PM
mecky33

some icy snow, one Cen MT2, a 20+ MPH sideways slide, and a tree stump. the truck took the full impact on the right rear wheel and all it did was bend a shock shaft.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:29 PM
**MilkMachine**

I had my SportMaxx, I wanted to be really, "Dareful" (lol) so I ramped off a 20ft deck onto some concrete. I mean I did it about 4 times and it was AWEOSOME landed perfect. But well the 5th time wasnt so cool. I turned trying to do a 360 off the deck and I over rotated and I started to nosedive. well I hit the ground, bent shocks, snaped bulkheads and skidplates and damages aluminum. $40.00 repair wasnt what I was up to since im 14.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Rex2342

I wash bashing at a BMX track and had been beating the crap out of my Savage all day with no problems.I mean really beating it,rolling it,flipping and landing upside down just being reckless with it.Nothing broke while doing all this but when I was leaving the place and driving my truck to the car I decided jump one last time.I went about 14 feet in the air and landed perfectly on all four wheels and bent 6 shock shafts all at once LOL.The poor truck was just sitting their completely slammed to the ground it could barely even move LOL.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:59 PM
mike1288
My Feedback: (1)

I was jumping a snow mound at the end of my driveway with no body. Landed upside down and hit the head of my engine on the concret sidewalk. Pulled all 4 bolt out of the crankcase and cracked the crankcase. Not too bad. Only $35 for a new crankcase.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:16 PM
nitromacguyver

i tried pacing my MT2 with our mini van. bad idea. in to a curb at 35mph. two universals and a diff cup broken. not to bad if you ask me.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:20 AM
GreekTTCharlie

Default RE: Crash stories

This one time...at band camp...