Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

WILL A ROTOSTART FIT A CEN MT2?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

WILL A ROTOSTART FIT A CEN MT2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 02:23 PM
STREETKING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WILL A ROTOSTART FIT A CEN MT2?

I was wanting to know will a roto start fit a cen mt2, and could you please tell me what all engines(trucks) it will fit, because I can't stand the pull start method! Thanks.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:31 PM
mecky33

Default RE: WILL A ROTOSTART FIT A CEN MT2?

I don't know about a roto start, but you can buy a starter box and it will work with that. And really the pullstart is incredibly reliable. I have gotten kind of frustrated with mine, but you can't beat the portability of it. Also if I remember, you can fit a .18 right in, and a .21 with a different set of engine mounts available from www.newera.com
Old 01-15-2004, 02:33 PM
STREETKING

What kind of starter box do oyu have??
Old 01-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Nitro7-inactive

a rotostart should work with the onewaybearing for a savage i have one that i baught that wont work without it on my truck and i decided not to mess with it pm me if your interested
Old 01-15-2004, 02:46 PM
mecky33

I personally use the pull start and as I said in my email to you i don't have a problem with it. I know there are a few people on here with starter boxes but cant remember who off the top of my head.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:51 PM
STREETKING

Dan, i went to the Cenracing site, but where is the best place to get an mt2 for? Here in North Carolina, the hobbyshop prices are so inflated that it dosen't make any sense!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:53 PM
Nitro7-inactive

ehobbies is good www.ehobbies.com
Old 01-15-2004, 03:00 PM
STREETKING

Ehobbies is out of stock. Anywhere else you know of?? Oh, and thanks for your replies.
Old 01-15-2004, 03:01 PM
mecky33

Well, if you have a nitro starter kit www.ehobbies.com would be the best place. If you need a nitro starter kit you could buy one on ebay. there are numerous companies selling new MT2s with starter kits and some even come with a failsafe. the average buy it now on ebay is 300 bucks, so don't pay more than that. www.toyhaus.com also has cen products, but they are a bit more expensive than ehobbies. Also, ehobbies is the best place to buy parts, they are much cheaper than anyone else. If you get stumpe and need a part but cant find it, toyhaus has an interactive blown up parts diagram. IF you have more questions let me know.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:43 PM
Element

I bought a 1/8th scale universal starter box from toyhaus.com The owner(Steve I believe thats his name).I havent put ti together yet Ill let you know how it goes.

mecky33-did you use tmaxx Integy shocks? I'm going to buy some for my MT2 but not shure if i should get tmaxx or savage shocks.I like the height on yours though.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:55 PM
mecky33

I am almost positive they are the T-maxx shocks. The savage shocks are to long. I bought the truck with the shocks on it so I am not positive. If you wait a few days, I ordered some new shafts cause I bent one. I can tell you if they are right.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:31 PM
STREETKING

Can you change the bodies and rims without doing any major work, or do you need some different hex hubs?? Will the rims and tires that fir the t-maxx fit this truck?? Oh, and I'd like to put some paddle tires on it. Would I be able to do this right out of the box, or would I need something else(such as a different size hex) to make the change?
Old 01-15-2004, 10:17 PM
nitromacguyver

i dont think that a rotostart would fit the MT2 because of the engines orientation on the chassis. the roto start needs to go into the end in line with the crank shaft and the front upper deck is in the way of that.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Now that I have looked over my MT-2, I noticed that you just might be able to fit a roto start. But on the otherhand, nitromacguyver is correct.

Thats my 0 cents
Old 01-15-2004, 10:49 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Hey elemt, I thought you put your envader shocks on it (i think that whas the car). They sould do. Once I get enough money to start a project, I will. I have about 600 saved up just for the truck.

If you guys wanna sugest some hop-ups for it then I will take it into consiteration.

My lhs dealer is a ****hole. I ordered a new servo with 85 oz. of tourq about two weeks ago and I'm still waiting. So now I havent been able to use my truck.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:41 PM
PCDEC

Dude if it's not in stock at the LHS order it online yourself. Every time I've ordered from my LHS it has taken forever.
Old 01-16-2004, 06:41 AM
Element

Sweetshoes90210-I did but I put them back on my evader im not going to junk up one of ym cars for another.Plus the Integy shocks look better

STREETKING-Renagade makes a converter so you can use off set tmaxx rims.But the stock rims are 2.2 so you could use masher2000s on it too.

mecky33-ok ill wait thanks
Old 01-16-2004, 10:45 AM
mecky33

Tony, cancel your order through your LHS for that servo and get the futaba that I sent you the link to forever ago. Its the same torque servo, and its only 35 bucks.

Element, bad news. I won't get those shock shafts till next week. it took them four days to ship my order. So, if you can wait that long I will let you know if they are the right size. If not, email or call integy and ask them if the T-maxx shocks are the right size. I want to say they are, but I don't want you to buy them and end up with the wrong thing.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Element

ORIGINAL: mecky33

Tony, cancel your order through your LHS for that servo and get the futaba that I sent you the link to forever ago. Its the same torque servo, and its only 35 bucks.

Element, bad news. I won't get those shock shafts till next week. it took them four days to ship my order. So, if you can wait that long I will let you know if they are the right size. If not, email or call integy and ask them if the T-maxx shocks are the right size. I want to say they are, but I don't want you to buy them and end up with the wrong thing.
Ok thanks for all you help mecky I just want to maxx out my height so it will actually look like a monster truck.Again thank you for your help
Old 01-20-2004, 07:50 PM
mecky33

Element, I just got my shock shafts, they are the T-maxx shocks. I would email integy and tell them you need shocks for the MT2. They should be able to hook you up.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:33 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

unless u put a hole in the fuel tank or diff case u ain't using a rotostart unless u can snake it around the tuned pipe/go 4 stroke and screw the tuned pipe
Old 01-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Element

ORIGINAL: mecky33

Element, I just got my shock shafts, they are the T-maxx shocks. I would email integy and tell them you need shocks for the MT2. They should be able to hook you up.
Ok thanks dose it max out the suspension on your truck?
Integy sells there shocks singles should i email them still?Do they give a discount on 4 or something?Thanks again
Old 01-21-2004, 05:30 PM

yeah id like more ground clearance and have noticed by disconnecting the shocks(still stock btw)the suspension goes down a bunch i need more ground clearance i do mud/snow/puddle/grass bogging and want more ground clearance so i dont get stuck as much the most annoying thing that happens while im mud bogging is high centering because the tires have their own weight on them and are throwing mud/snow/water/grass clippins i hate that i bash and only bash

to answer the qeustion at hand rotostart might work if 3 things are done
[ul][*] remove the tuned pipe[*] cut header halfway and using long silicone tubing duplicate the length u removed and hang the tuned pipe out the back[*] go 4stroke and remove the need for a tuned pipe alltogether
[/ul]
Old 01-21-2004, 05:37 PM
mecky33

Tony, yes it does max the suspension. If you get shorter or softer springs it will sit closer to stock with the threads all the way up. Then you can adjust it down to suit your taste. As far as a deal on four, they may or may not. You don't have to email them, but it couldn't hurt.

378, go for the integy shocks, hey will give you way more ground clearance. Look in my gallery, there are pics of my MT2 with the integy shocks on it. Also, I am curious if there is some meaning behind your name?
Old 01-21-2004, 08:03 PM

acually yes there is meaning to my screen name i am a 13 yr old kid who wants to be a trucker later and the 3 numbers i use say what rig i want and my college fund is goin tords the down payment on the thing and ill still be buying used 20k used 90-140(mine will be a top of the line 600hp model if i have any say in it 140k)new

as for the shocks how much of an increase will i notice with them and how much for a full set with oil and springs that will bottom out be4 the failure point on the a arms since ill be staying plastic there and will the stock much longer than the stock shocks springs fit the integy springs i take it they are aluminum bodies and threaded

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.