Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

truck driving in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 12:30 PM
baddogg12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck driving in reverse

hey i have a t-maxx will an xtm 24.7 engien in it and rrp gears in the tranny and a foc. i was driving and all of a sudden my gearbox went ok thats fine i take the truck inside and switch the front gear box for the rear in a matter of 2 mintues that gear box is gone any ways i put the truck away and order a spool for the rear and a gear set for the front. my parts get here about 2-3 weeks later so i put the spool in the rear and go out side to fire her up just to see if it works . put fuel in the tank and primed it put the igniter on and pulled started rite up (it's minus 22 out and started on the first pull) i let it warm up for about a minute or 2 and i blip the throtle the truck lurches backwards in reverese why is this did i do somethnig wrong i don't supose to have reverse with a foc. it was fine before i put the spool in can someone please help me
Old 01-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: truck driving in reverse

Once I put the front diff in backwards and the rear in correct, and the thing wouldn't roll at all.

#1- Check the assembly manual, and ensure your diffs are aligned correctly. Probably your prob right there, especially since you just installed a spool.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:52 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have done that before as well, except I had put then both in backwards, so forward was reverse and vice versa.

When you look at the front of the truck, the screw heads that hold the diff together should face to the right. When you look at the back, the screw heads should also face to the right.
Old 01-23-2004, 06:08 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if ur truck is reverse equipped put it in reverse and forget about it also it could be jammed in reverse
Old 01-23-2004, 09:42 AM
Unstable

take out diff... invert it... you got it in backwards...