Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Buying a truck T-maxx or Thunder Quake

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Buying a truck T-maxx or Thunder Quake

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 05:46 PM
DaSHiKi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying a truck T-maxx or Thunder Quake

I'm ordering a new truck soon and it will be a total basher money is an object but I also dont want to buy a complete POS the Quake is 100 less and 1/8th scale but the t-maxx is the most popular truck around and can't figure out exactly what to do please help me any thoughts would be great

Thanks
Old 01-26-2004, 05:51 PM
allmaxxedout

Default RE: Buying a truck T-maxx or Thunder Quake

DUDE! do not get the thunder quake! i have heard bad stories about it t-maxx or savage is the way to go! one thing wrong with the quake is it breaks to easily...so i hear. i have a t-maxx 2.5 and it is the bomb!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:54 PM
mecky33

Look at the Cen Fun Factor MT2. Its inexpensive, durable, and fast. Its equally at home on the track or out bashing. Cen also has great customer service and technical support. If you want more info on the MT2 go to www.cenracing.com or let me know. waihiwa2 can also help you.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:44 PM
sdarviavgeer1521

all i can say is savage 25. t-maxx will either break on you or die on you. i have had no problems at all with the savage.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:10 PM
DaSHiKi

the reason i dont like the savage is that it doesnt have reverse
Old 01-26-2004, 08:15 PM
DaSHiKi

anyone know wher to buy the Cen trucks online?

and does this truck have reverse?
Old 01-27-2004, 08:59 AM
rcblaze

M33 you must get a commission off ever MT2 sold. LOL just kidding. Out of the 2 you mentioned I'd go Tmaxx.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:28 AM
DaSHiKi

after looking at the mt2 i like the price but no reverse and thats why i was going monster rather than stadium to begin with.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:42 AM
WSW-WYATT-EARP

DUDE! do not get the thunder quake! i have heard bad stories about it
here we go again ... another misinformed OPINION about a good truck ... i have 2 thunder quakes and they both needed some upgraded parts ... but what truck doesn't ???? all metal gears .. reverse .. 2 speed tranny ... the weakest part of this truck is the engine ... but it gets ya going ... how many people still have stock engines in their trucks ... for 120 you can drop a xtm 24.7 in it and it rips !!!!! read the forums about the t-maxxes falling apart ... i'm not telling you not to buy a t-maxx but ALL trucks have their strengths and weaknesses ...

here is a link to a forum full of thunder quake drivers ... [link=http://home-bound1.com/tqforum/index.php?sid=30f311542c979c081ec8b0ecb0752f18]forum link[/link]
and most of them will put there thunder quake up against ANY t-maxx or savage .... with a little work it is a very strong truck ....

here is 1 of my tq's
these pics are after i came in from running it in the snow and after the snow melted off it ....

Old 01-27-2004, 10:18 AM
mecky33

Dash, you can buy the MT2 on www.ehobbies.com or www.toyhaus.com. recommend that you buy from ehobbies because they are cheaper.

bcash, I only wish I could work for Cen and get a commision. But, I do my service for free.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:38 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you got money to BURN, buy a t maxx, if you are looking for a 8scale kit that will give you a good bang for your buck buy a Thunder Quake. One thing is for sure,... no matter how many parts a TQ can break... a t maxx will ALWAYS break more!. Even with the TQ's stock entry level .21 engine, performance wise the TQ will KILL!!! a t maxx on the race track because of it's superiour/better handling.

Here's some pics/info of my TQ

http://forums.nitroextreme.com/index...c&topicID=1344

Old 01-27-2004, 03:51 PM
javaplus
My Feedback: (3)

Default I have the Thunder Quake

I just got the Thunder Quake 2 weeks ago. I really like it. I got it for the 4wd and the reverse and the price. It was about $100 cheaper than the other's with similar features. I paid $299 for it at www.TowerHobbies.com, plus I got $10 of for spending more than $200 there.

It runs plenty fast for me. Actually I have a hard time finding places I can really open it up. Even in a large back yard, by the time I hit full throttle I have to stop or turn it around. I don't think I've seen it's top speed yet.

My only complaint is that I've bent two different axles twice now jumping it about 3 feet in the air and landing wrong and cartwheeling it. I thought they should be a little stronger. I was able to take them off and bend them back rather easily so they are good as new now, but other than that I really like it. You can by T-Maxx axle adapter things so you can use any T-Maxx wheels on it, so maybe they would be stronger??? Also, TowerHobbies has about every replacement part for it as well. Just search for ThunderQuake on thier site and you'll see what I mean.

Of course, I can't compare it with any other truck since this is the only one I've ever had.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about it. Oh yeah, reverse is nice.

--Barry
Old 01-27-2004, 04:06 PM
mecky33

Dash, check your inbox.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:23 PM
dragonwen

I have a thunder quake also, two of my co-workers owns t-maxx & e-maxx, the day they saw my TQ they were amazed. Put my TQ next the 1/10 scale maxx tell a big difference of how big the TQ is , I will post TQ & maxx picture soon. For $265 from T.H. you get ton of metal parts and one year on some plastic parts, here a picture of TQ & 1/10 scale truck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70000.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	94976   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35771.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	94977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61318.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	94978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53814.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	94979  
Old 01-28-2004, 05:45 PM
DaSHiKi

OK well know I have narrowed it down hehe to many damn trucks to choose from I found a very good deal on a savage SS new in box for 320 shipped and I'm thinking i'll go with that but the damn CEN truck just keeps calling back to me I like that I can upgrade the tranny to get reverse on the Savage and on ebay you can get the traxxas radios for 40 bux so i can get myself into a Savage SS for 360.00 plus I have been reading that the CEN radio sucks and would have to be replaced anyway.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:56 PM
mecky33

Its up to you what truck you want to get, the Cen and HPI are both good trucks.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Just to tell you, I have had my MT-2 for 2 months and it is better than my old t-maxx and bros .25 savage and terra crusher. I love this truck. Best I had ever owned. Not one proble yet. Speeding fast. Probably the fastets stock truck. EXTREAMLY durable.

Sry for my bad typing skills. im in a rush.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:46 PM
popa71

The Savage does have reverse. Its just avalable as an option. $50 for the servo and the module. I would go with a Savage!!!!!!! But between the T-maxx and TQ I would go with the T-maxx. The thunder Quake has droped down to under $300 because its not what it was talked up to be when it released.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:55 PM
DaSHiKi

I just get scared buying something new or that doesnt have alot or support in the aftermarket. I'm the only guy I know who owned a Sega Master system and I also bought a Dreamcast both busts and the truck is a big purchase for me and I want something that will be around.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:00 PM
SH ByA

I as well would go with the Savage. It's easy to add reverse to it and its a blast to jump. it flies way better than most trucks out there and its a very durable truck. I dont know anyone who has a TQ but I do know quite a few people who have the T-maxx. It is a good truck but you do have to a bunch of upgrades to get it as durable as the Savage.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:19 PM
DaSHiKi

that is really what i am looking for is durability well and reverse i used to hate running across fields to get my rc10 out of trouble and the damn thing nickel and dimed me the entire time i had it.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:21 PM
DaSHiKi

antother thing that makes the Savage look good to me is that Tower Hobbies stocks parts for it and I have always liked ordering from them.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:30 PM
SH ByA

The good things about both the T-maxx and the Savage are that most LHS cary parts for both of them. When I first got my savage it was hard to find parts, I had to order most online. Now both the LHS in my area stock a ton of hopups and stock parts for both trucks.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:26 PM
supernova803

Between the t-maxx and Thunder Quake--- I say Thunder Quake cause the T-maxx is a piece of junk. BUT, Tjhe Savage 25 is better than both of them.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:45 PM
popa71

if the T-maxx is junk the Thunder Qauke is DODO I would take the Maxx any day over it!!!!1 But the Savage is better than both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.