Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

RX battery pack

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 08:41 AM
popuptoaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX battery pack

Hi guys, im new to nitro trucks, had a few electric RC's back in my youth, then i bought a Tamiya Mad bull from e-bay a few weeks ago. ran it a few times and got a 3000mah battery pack and ball raced it.
Was in the LHS and saw the Thunder Tiger MTA4 and had to have it!

So im on my third tank of fuel now and the mad bull will go back on e-bay, my question is, can i use the 7.2 volt 3000mah battery pack to run my RX on the truck? At the moment i have the battery lead in slot 4 on the RX to get full power to the servo's. If i put it back in the battery slot, can i just make up an adapter and strap my 7.2 volt pack on there? It cost me £28 to buy and as im using Alkalines in the RX it seems silly to waste this pack, especially as its a pain to get parts here in the UK.

By the way, the truck is GREAT!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Terminal_Junkie

Default RE: RX battery pack

Putting 7.2v directly in to the receiver and servos is likly to cause a big bang! If u really wanted to use the 3000mAh cells cut the pack open, unsolder one of the cells and then put it back together again. This will leave you with a high power 6 volt pack, also bear in mind that most receivers tend to drop the 6v input back to 4.8v and then pass that votlage on the the servo. This is due to the design of the BEC circuit so chances are you will need some sort of Y lead to bypass this - that was the case anyway with my radio set up on a 1/5th scale truck, may not apply to you but def worth checking.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:23 PM
popuptoaster

Default RE: RX battery pack

cheers, think im sorted now, posted the sme question on the monster GT forum and got some answers.

The RX pack that comes with my truck has BEC so i can just plug the 7.2 straight into it, its no different to the way i used to run my old electric cars (or the madbull for that matter) they have the main battery pack plugged straight into the RX with no bother.